I Want You

The police have been investigating for weeks on the break-in at Yue's house and they have informed the Shen's head of security of their conclusions.

Mr. Shen wrote Yue and Dylan a message last night and asked them to go to the Shen's residence to explain the situation.

An hour before Yue and Dylan arrive

"Mr. Shen, that would definitely be the best solution in my opinion. The police and I talked this through and until we get enough proof to apprehend the man, your possessions and your daughter need to be safeguarded. It might take awhile before we gather all the evidence, even if we have someone working on it internally," the head of security, Mr. Ching, explains.

"Darling, what do you think?" Mr. Shen asks his wife.

"We want Yue to settle down, no doubt. She is 25 already... However, you know who she will choose, don't you?"

Mr. Shen appears puzzled. He has no idea who his wife is talking about.

"Oh, come on! How are men so oblivious! Yue is infatuated with her bodyguard. She will choose him."

"Really?" Mr. Shen looks surprised, but not displeased.

"Are you okay with that? His background... He is a nice man; still, it would be a disadvantageous union for our daughter."

"We need to step into the 21st century, darling. Yue will never agree to be attached to a man of our choosing if she does not like him. At least Wang He Di is good looking... Our grandchildren will be beautiful, and taller than anyone in our family!" the man states unaffected by the idea.

"I guess. We'll see..."

Dylan and Yue arrive

Yue sits on the couch and Dylan stands nearby.

The head of security clarifies the situation: "We know who is behind the threats and the kidnap attempt. Sadly, it is someone that you probably do not suspect, someone close to Yue..."

"Her boyfriend", Dylan answers with an unsurprised tone.

"Uh?" Yue turns around towards Dylan, stunned, and he shrugs his shoulders.

Dylan never liked or trusted the guy. He had a bad feeling about him since the first day he heard of his existence.

"Ahem, yes, Mr. Wang is right," Mr. Ching confirms.

They describe how Kai has been in debt for over a year and that is why he has aims at marrying Yue and getting a hold of her fortune.

"Mr. Xu must not know though that we're onto him, by no means. Otherwise, he might do something rash. However, we suggest a way to protect Miss Shen while we collect sufficient evidence to apprehend him. So far, we have nothing strong enough to arrest him."

"What can we do?" Mr. Shen asks as if he did not already know.

"The man wants to kidnap your daughter and force her to marry him since she has not agreed to do it willingly."

"What? -Yue asks dumbfounded- He wants to bully me into marrying him? That is crazy! How would he do that?"

"Probably by threatening your parent's lives. He knows asking for ransom would not solve the problem in the long run because it would make him a criminal with nothing left. If he married you, miss, he would be settled for life, no matter what happens, even if he is imprisoned for a while, because he can plea that he did it out of love and maybe the judge would reduce the sentence. Therefore, we recommend that Yue marries someone else as soon as possible."