Who Is This?

Preparations for the speedy wedding begin immediately. Everyone is ecstatic and the bride and groom spend their days with their moms planning everything. Yes, Dylan asked his mom to be with him these 2 weeks because Yue and her mother wanted to get to know her better. They will be family really soon.

One evening, while having dinner together at a restaurant on the 25th floor of a Beijing building, Yue goes out to the terrace to catch some air and Dylan's mom decides it is time to chat with her future daughter-in-law.

"Shen Yue, I am very happy to have finally spent some time with you these past 2 weeks. Dylan always talks to me about you..."

"He talks about me? He doesn't talk much with me..."

"He will from now on, you'll see. He is dead serious with his work, but he is playful and funny when he is relaxed."

"Playful? Really? He has made a few jokes..."

"Well, since you are his responsibility, he needs to take good care of you. He would never want anything to happen to you, that is why he doesn't play around."

"Of course, that's what he always says, and I understand. But things are different now, he could let go a little... I know that he feels the need to do what he is paid for..."

"It's not only because of the money, don't you see?"

Yue makes a puzzled expression.

"He cares about you a lot, a whole lot! That is why he works twice as hard to keep you safe," Mrs. Wang explains, putting her hand on Yue's shoulder.

Yue feels moved. It is nice to hear from his mother that he talks about her and genuinely cares.

Dylan is looking at the women talking outside for a while and feels worried that his mom might say something inappropriate, like mothers often do. Therefore, he decides to go out and see what is happening.

"Mom, are you telling embarrassing baby stories about me?"

Yue chuckles, she would pay to hear those!

"No, son, I will tell her those when you come to visit us at home in Leshan, then I can show her your naked baby pictures!" the woman says with a humorous tone.

"Mom!"

Yue is amused. "I definitely wanna see those!"

"Hey! Stop it! Both of you!" Dylan demands reddened.

"I will leave you alone," Mrs. Wang tells them and goes back inside with the Shens.

Yue watches the view and then hops on the ledge with the help of a chair to sit there, waving her feet.

Dylan is horrified. "What are you doing? Get down, please, it's dangerous to be there. We are on the 25th floor!"

Yue bends back and looks down with a grin. "What is it? Are you afraid of heights?"

Dylan presses his eyes and clenches his fists.

"Shen Yue, please. It's dangerous."

"Oh, come on, sit with me, it's wide, nothing will happen."

A frustrated Dylan moves closer to Yue, but not to sit beside her in that hazardous condition.

"Shen Yue, I said come down," he says with a severe tone.

Yue frowns and slowly but defiantly leans back again to annoy him.

"Argh! You do things only to get on my nerves!"