Too Comfortable

The morning after

It's 10 am and Dylan sits in the kitchen watching the news on his tablet when Yue quietly leans by the door and gazes at him. A loving smile is drawn on her face, one that will be present every day from now on when she looks at Dylan, unless she is mad at him for some reason... That will happen for sure!

For the first time though, she sees a genuine good man, a nice guy in flesh and blood, not an adversary or someone to trifle with. Something is stirring up inside her and there is a spark in her eyes. What is it? She feels different since last night, and her sweet smile cannot be erased.

But then again, even more unexpected is his reaction. Dylan raises his eyes towards her, pulled by her stare, and there it is: a soft and shy smile that mirrors hers.

But with you

I can let my hair down

I can say anything crazy

I know you'll catch me right before I hit the ground

With nothing but a T-shirt on

I never felt so beautiful

Baby, as I do now

Now that I'm with you

Seeing Yue today, smiling, uncombed, no makeup, with his white tee on and nothing else, her legs that seem so long when uncovered and free... Raw beauty. She jiggles her moon necklace as usual and rubs her feet with one another timidly... Dylan feels his heart sink into his chest, perception of reality changes, everything else turns blurry. He can only feel the chills on his neck and shoulders. Will he be able to hide his emotions from now on?

I relate to you naturally

Everybody else just fades away
Sometimes it's hard to breathe
Just knowing you found me

"Ahem... –he tries to shake off the sensation that is spreading all over his skin– Do you want some breakfast? More like brunch really... Or will you have your usual yogurt?"

"Um, I will have what you made. Did you eat already?"

"No, I was watching the news and waiting for you..." he admits, and immediately regrets giving away his true intentions. Oops.

Yue is flattered and cannot hide a coy smile behind her furrowed mouth.

"But you need to get dressed before," he demands.

"Oh, right..." she replies embarrassed.

Yue runs to her bedroom and puts some clothes on; then she goes back to the kitchen and joins Dylan at the table. Her plate has already been served. Yummy.

They eat and talk, comfortable with each other's company, when Dylan notices dark circles under her eyes: "You need to take better care of yourself, Shen Yue, otherwise your beautiful face will get wrinkles before time..."

Yue suddenly stops chewing, and they peek at each other but look away instantly. With her mouth still full of his delicious food, looking at the plate, she asks: "Did you say I'm beautiful?"