Chapter 7

As I cooked I couldn't help but think about what Lisa said. Yes, I've felt Luke a little absent and distracted lately but the thought never crossed my mind that he'd be interested in someone else. We've had our fair share of arguments but that's normal, all couples do and we're definitely not perfect. He'd never stray, no, he'd never, he loves our family too much to do something like that.

For the next few days, I couldn't get Lisa's words out of my head. I didn't hear from Luke and that's normal but this time it just hit a little different. A few different times I found myself in the office looking at the file on Shaw's wife. I managed to find this Andreiko guy that Luke was looking for and I sent him the information. He was able to email me thanks back but that's it.

The lack of contact never bothered me before, I need to ignore Lisa's words. I can't let that be the most important thing in my mind when I have two girls to take care of and a baby on the way. I finally got the positive pregnancy results but I haven't told anyone else, just Kaylee from the first results. I won't tell anyone just yet, I want to tell Luke first and I don't know how long it'll take me to be able to do that.

I kept a watch out for the news and no news is good news, that's what I'm used to. This time it's different. Before Sam got home from school news reports started breaking into the programs and my heart is about to explode. I flipped through channels as Lisa came flying through the door with Lani and the same panic was written all over her face. Sam came in and the news was on, the fear on her face killed me. When my phone started ringing I leaped over the sofa to answer it quickly.

"Baby? Luke, what's happening?" I asked him as we watched the reports labeled him as guilty of the attack on the CIA building.

"Penny, it's lies, all lies." he quickly stated.

"Of course it is. What the hell is happening?"

"Have you heard of Eteon before?"

"Oh my God, you're up again Eteon? This is not good."

"So you know, that's good, baby I didn't . . . we didn't do what they're blaming us of."

"I know you didn't."

"What's the coverage like?"

"Every single channel, news or not."

"Damn it, this is bad, really bad."

"Mom, is he okay?" Sam asked.

"Let me talk to her." he requested.

"Daddy are you okay?" she asked him.

"Look honey, I have to talk to you about something and it's very important right now. Do you remember how we spoke about what would happen if things went sideways? We called it a code red? Well, that's happening now." he told her.

"I-is there anything I can do?" she asked him.

"You need to stay home, you're gonna be safe there. As a matter of fact, we've got the CIA listening in on this call right now. Watch this . . . hi Locke."

"Everybody's safe, everybody's great. I'm actually at our old, uh, our old diner here. It's super weird being here without you guys. Actually, I think it's closed." Locke said and I just shook my head.

"Thank you, brother. Honey, I've already talked to aunt Lisa and she knows exactly what to do. I'm gonna be home as soon as I can."

"You need mom, don't you?" she sighed.

"Yeah, I'm gonna need your mom to come to meet me. With her here things will be so much smoother and faster. Honey, I know you don't want her to leave but I need her here with me." he said.