Chapter 11

Right before we landed Luke woke me up but I didn't really speak to him. When he tried to grab my hand I slid it away and pretended to stretch while letting out a yawn. I wish I was asleep when he said what he said. I wish I could pretend that I didn't hear it but I did. He didn't even think about it, the words just flowed out and I've seen how they look at each other. A couple of those looks were so blatantly obvious that I felt uncomfortable. I'm not the jealous type but this is really triggering and it's definitely not the time to worry about any of this.

"Babe, what's wrong?" he worriedly asked as we got off the plane.

"Nothing, just a little tired." I replied and it isn't entirely a lie.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yes, Luke, I'm fine. I've gotta use the bathroom."

"No time, love. We've gotta go." Deckard said.

"I'm going to the bathroom and you're not gonna stop me." I told him.

"Make it quick." Hattie said.

"Don't time me." I smiled.

"What's her problem?" I heard Hattie ask the men as I walked away.

"Bionic hearing." Deckard smugly replied.

"Shit." my husband grumbled.

I was quick in the bathroom and took a few seconds to splash water on my face. I need to get over my petty bitch because now is really not the time for this. Now we have to figure out a way to get the virus out of this woman and take it to a safe place so that I can go home. If I'm being honest I can go home right now but that makes me a coward and petty, something I'm not nor will ever be.

"I was just about to send her in there to get you." Deckard smiled when I walked out of the restroom.

"Probably not the best idea, I don't like being monitored. Now, on to the next leg of this . . . adventure." I smiled at him.

"You sure do have the legs." he said.

"Watch it." my husband growled.

"Just making nice with the team."

"Both of you knock it off and let's go." I grumbled.

"Someone's in a mood." Hattie said.

"Yes, I am so don't provoke or aggravate me."

"Where exactly are we going?" she asked, turning to look at her brother.

"To a madame." I said, finally smiling and it was directed at Deckard.

"To a madame." he repeated, smiling back at me.

"I don't know if I like this." my husband huffed.

"Never thought I'd see the day my brother has a friend." Hattie said.

"What? Eww, no! He's not my friend." I quickly clarified, walking away from them.

"That's my wife." Luke chuckled.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." Deckard said before walking away.

"Penny . . ."

Deckard assured us a vehicle which just means he stole one from the airport and I disabled the GPS locator. It's not like the police would even bother going near her house anyway but it's always good to be safe so I made Luke wipe it down - no prints. He knows that I heard what he said because Deckard's comment all but guaranteed it, but I'm not ready to talk about it.

"What exactly are we walking into?" Hattie asked.

"A lot of fun." I smiled.

"That it is." Deckard added.