Chapter 5

"You lying little . . ." I smiled.

"Later baby."

"So what's it gonna be, Becky? Penelope Cruz? You gonna partner up?" Locke asked, interrupting our family moment.

"I'm in." Luke and I said.

"'Course you are."

"Do you remember what I told you in Rwanda?" Luke asked him.

"Still burns?"

"No, the other thing."

"Stop watching me sleep?"

"What the hell happens between the two of you?" I asked.

"Penny . . . no, I said, we are not friends at all." Luke said.

"Best friends."

"And to watch your . . ."

"Wash your back. Yeah, I remember."

"Watch your back."

"A lot of back, I gotcha. Hey . . . same old Hobbs' squared Huh?"

"Same old Locke."

"Alright, who's on the case?" I asked Locke.

"You'll find out when you get there, I don't quite know his name yet."

"How the . . . okay, you need to leave so we can finish our breakfast. I'll contact you later for travel information." Luke said.

"It's all in the file. You leave tomorrow morning."

"Alright, well you need to go." Luke said, looking into the disappointed face of his eldest daughter.

"See you later Rebecca, kids, wife." Locke said before getting up.

"Sam . . ."

"Mom, you said you wouldn't." she argued.

"I'll work it from home unless your father needs me." I told her.

"And I'll only call her in if it's extremely important." Luke told his daughter.

"But you wanna go." she sighed.

"I'll always wanna go." I said and that made her smile. "It's part of who I am baby girl."

"Daddy leave for work?" Lani sadly asked.

"Yeah baby, daddy's gotta go."

We finished our meal but the earlier happiness that we had was gone. The environment was heavier now that we know that Luke's leaving again. Sam is used to it but she got used to having him around and so did I. There's also the fact that if we didn't have the girls, I would've been home packing our bags already.

Working a job, being on the road full of adrenaline, and not knowing what's around the corner is fun. It's exciting and an adventure and I miss it but I'm a mother now, hopefully, a mother of 3 and my priorities have to change. My life is going to change with this baby. I can't tell Luke now, he'll be distracted and I can't have that. He'll be gone before I get the results anyway and I don't want to get his hopes up again.

When we got home I told Luke to watch tv with the girls while I pack his bag. On our jobs we never know how long things are going to take so I packed his bag with about two weeks' worth of clothes and hopefully that'll be enough.

The girls are gonna miss him but he's doing what he's meant to do. Saving the world time and time again is on his resume for a reason. He's our superhero and both of them know that, he knows that. Now he's gotta go make the world a safe place again, literally this time. That virus is extremely deadly and they have to find a way to retrieve and hide it before it falls into even worse hands than it is right now.