Chapter 15

A/N: Because you asked for it! Another double upload!! Henny's story is coming to an end . . . until the next movie!

The closer we got to wherever we're going, I could see the tension in my husband's body rising. By the time the car stopped, his knuckles were white and his grip was indented on the steering wheel.

"I hope this brother of yours is as good a mechanic as you say he is." Deckard said when we got out of the jeep.

"Jonah's the best mechanic I know besides my wife, but he has the patience for the really little things that she doesn't . . . and he's gonna help us. That is if he doesn't kill me first." Luke said.

"You want me to go with you?" I asked.

"No, this is something that I need to do alone." he sort of smiled and kissed my forehead when I looked up for a kiss.

Luke walked to the porch and paced a little. I can sense his nerves from here and it's making me nervous.

"Calm down, darling. He'll be fine." Deckard said.

"We'll see." I muttered, biting my lip.

"I don't know about that." Hattie replied. "He looks like he's gonna be sick."

"Yeah, take your time! Hey, it's only my sister's life and the fate of the world we're waitin' on!" Deckard shouted, making me hit his shoulder but that appeared to be the bolster he needed.

"Ooh, here we go." Hattie said when Luke turned and knocked on the door.

"Oh shit." I muttered.

"Bet you 50 he punches him in the face." Deckard said and it made me smile.

"Deal." Hattie said and I smiled again when the two of them simultaneously leaned back against the jeep and crossed their arms.

"Penny?" Deckard asked.

"No, I am not betting on that. Though I would bet with Deckard, knowing how my husband is. It must run in the family." I smiled when Hattie cursed.

The door slid open and a man stood there but Luke was blocking the view so I couldn't see his face. Suddenly my husband's head snapped back and he went crashing down the stairs. I tried to run over to him but Deckard grabbed my arm.

"You see? It's not just me. Leave him darling, he needs to do this." he said.

I watched as more men walked out from inside the pretty house and my eyes widened, how many of them think they're gonna hit my husband. Slowly I slid my hand behind me to grab the gun tucked into my waistband but Deckard stopped me again.

"That's not going to do any good, what had to happen, happened. Just watch." he said.

We heard the guy, who I'm assuming is family, shout and berate my husband for about five minutes, I thought I was the only one who could do that. Before the arguing could continue a sandal shot out of the front door and hit the smaller man on the side of the head. Impressive aim.

"Oh shit, did you see that?" I asked, doing my best to hold in my snickers.

"That was amazing." Hattie said.

"Momma power." I smiled.

"Hey! No fighting under this roof, eh! Is that my Luke? Oka! My baby's home." she said, her eyes softening when they landed on my husband.

"Hey, mama." Luke sighed.

He turned around and waved us over. For a second I hesitated but Deckard grabbed my arm again and pulled me along.