Chapter 18

A/N: Because I'm feeling frisky and DEFINITELY feeling the love and support for Penny!

I hauled a taxi to Lisa's house and almost cried when I saw my girls on the couch through the front window, they're safe because of what those men did. Safe now that the virus is contained and will be locked up somewhere secure. My girls are safe, no matter the consequences.

"Thank goodness you're okay!" Lisa said when she opened the door and wrapped her arms around me to pull me inside.

"It was a stressful one this time."

"In comparison to the not stressful walks through the park before right?"

"Right, it's always stressful but this time it was different." I sighed.

"He called here to ask if I spoke to you." she said.

"How long after I called you?"

"About two or three hours. Is it really that bad, Penny?"

"It might be, I just need the time for a little bit. I think I'm gonna go visit my sister or my brother."

"You can't leave before he gets here."

"Watch me." I told her before walking into her house.

"Momma!" Lani said when she saw me, jumping over the sofa and running at me.

"Mom? Mom!" Sam shouted, running after her sister.

"My babies! My girls! Come here."

I wrapped my arms around them and squeezed, inhaling the scents that are my girls; Sam's coconut shampoo and Keilani's green apple one. My life all wrapped up here in my arms.

"Mom what happened? Where's dad?" she asked.

"He's still in Samoa, you'll be going there soon to meet your family." I told her, she's too perceptive.

"Why won't we be going? What's going on? Where are your rings?" she demanded.

"In Samoa with your father. He's gonna come get you and probably fly back to Samoa, I am going to see my siblings with Lani and then I'll meet you there." I told her, softly cupping her cheek.

"Mom, what's wrong? Why are you leaving us?" she insisted.

"Momma, we leave Sammy?" Lani asked when I put her down.

"Just for a little bit baby, we're gonna go see uncle Dom and auntie Mia. Sam, sweetie, I just want to go see my sister and brother." I said, smiling when Lani ran off shouting.

"Don't lie to me, please."

"It's grown up things and I don't want you to worry. I'm gonna go home and pack a bag, I'll see you in Samoa."

"Mom! You can't leave me." she sniffled.

"Oh Sam . . . I will never leave you, I promise. I'll never ever leave you." I told her.

"Then what's happening?"

"Your dad and I have . . . we've hit a snag in our marriage and some time apart will do us good. It'll help us see what the next step is." I said, trying my best to make her understand without bombarding her with things that she really doesn't need to know.

"Do you love him?" she asked.

"With all of my heart and everything in me. We just need some time apart."

"How much time?"

"I don't know. I would take you with me but you have so much family to meet and they're all so excited to meet you." I smiled.