Chapter 4~ Contact

It had been a few weeks since I joined the Avengers and here's what I learned. If you're nice enough to Scott and be his friend, he will give you his heavenly coffee each morning. Thor will give you breakfast if I give him a box of PopTarts every Sunday. Thats I deal I took. Tony and Bruce work in the lab everyday and at get caught up with their work. Once I'm finished training, I make them a meal because I know they won't leave to get something. Clint does not like it when people touch his bow. I learned that the hard way. I have also learned that there is people everywhere all the time. No matter where you are, there will always be someone to talk to.

Me and Bucky relationship has gotten way better. We say hello to each other, we have very basic conversation, but it works for now. He's hard to read but I do hope we can become better friends in the future.

"Avengers, I need to call an emergency meeting." Tony rushed out of the lab yelling for people to come quickly. Once we all arrived, he started to explain himself.

"Ok so, I've been looking for Loki's sceptre and found out that this rich guy has it locked up. The thing is he's hosting this ball thing tomorrow night and it's an opportunity to get the thing back. I wanna send in two Avengers to get it back, not very well known ones, so I'm giving this mission to (Y/N) and Bucky" Really Tony? Bucky? He barely speaks to me and now we're doing this.

"You will go in and get it back unnoticed. (Y/N) since you can control your powers now you will be valuable to getting it back and Bucky you have excellent combat skills so this should work out well."

Everyone began to leave and as I walked out I slipped a simple "I hate you" at Tony and he burst out laughing.

"So a mission with Bucky" Sam and Scott came over to me and started talking. They are the towers biggest gossips.

"Well it's my first mission so I'm excited." Anything to get them off my back.

"Well we wish you the best of-" They were interrupted with there own laughter as a flour covered Thor came running at them .

"(Y/N) ARE YOU INVOLVED" I had never seen such an anger Thor.

"No no no... definitely not nope no." I was trying to defend myself but I was in too much laughter. Thor chased them and I went up to my room. I decided to pick something to wear going out tomorrow when I get a knock on my door, I completely forgot about tomorrows outfit and was more curious to see who was there.

"Come in"

"Hi.." it was Bucky. Bucky had never knocked on my door.

"Oh Bucky Hi, Are you Ok? He looked confused or something.

"Ye I was just making sure you got the case file, I'm finished with it"

"Oh thanks I have to read that before we leave"

As he handed me the little device with the digital file on it, his hand lightly brushed mine. It was warm and soft but was quickly pulled back by its owner. Without saying anything Bucky left the room. Even though it was short, the conversation was nice, better than what it had been.

I opened up the file to look through blue prints of where I was going. I turned on that song, the one song I play when I'm stressed or need to focus. I worked on everything to do with this mission, it being my first. Then an alarming though came to mind. I don't have a dress. I also don't know how to dance. I went downstairs at a faster pace where I was met by Tony.

"Oh hi Tony, bye Tony!"

"Kid, slow down what's going on"

"I was working on the mission when I realises, I don't have a dress and I also don't know how to dance" I was a bit flustered.

"Ok calm down. Go out get a dress, then come back and I'll teach you to dance ok? Here" He hands me his card. "Get the dress out of this and then come back"

"Tony you don't have to-"

"Leave before I change my mind"

I get in my car and drive to the mall. I was never much of a shopper but this was important. I tried on some dresses until I found the one. It was tightly fit till my waist and then went on into a Tull ballgown. It was a lavender colour and the bodes has small jewels on it. It was v-neck and sleeveless and it was the most amazing dress I had ever seen. I bought it and then came back home to find Tony.

"Ok were gonna go like this.... yes good you getting it.. good"

"Thank you Tony" you look away from what your feet we're doing.

"(Y/N) you have become like a daughter to me, this is what us Dads do for their kids" I smiled as he continued to train me. The music was played by piano violin but was rudely interrupted by my soulmates taste for heaven metal. This was new for him.

"Not now.. oh no"

"Are you ok? Whats wrong?"

"My soulmate is blasting heavy metal apparently". Tony laughed.

"It's not funny, they have the worst timing"

After Tony was sure that I had mastered the art of ballroom dancing, he allowed me to go upstairs and get ready for bed. In the kitchen I met Bucky once more, but this time was different.

"Why are you up, it's late". He was starting conversation. I'm not gonna lie I was a bit excited about that, maybe too much.

"Oh hi, Tony was teaching me how to dance for tomorrow since I have two left feet" He smiled. Bucky smiled at me?

"Are you any good now"

"I'm better than I was yesterday, but you're gonna have to lead, because I cannot do that".

We both laughed. This was different, a good different.

"Well goodnight (Y/N)"

"Good night Bucky"

I closed my door. Wow, we just talked, like normal people, almost friends type talked. I changed and got into bed. I needed sleep for tomorrow, It was going to be a long day.