Chapter 20- Time

"So, will you marry me.."

"Yes.. a thousand times yes!"

Bucky let out a sign of relief, through his tears of joy. He slid the most beautiful ring onto my finger and kissed me. I was so happy, he finally asked me to marry him, become Y/N Barnes.

"I love you.."

"I love you too doll.. you can come out now!"

The team emerged through the bushes, tears in their eyes and joy in their hearts. Sam and Scotts hugged me and Nat grabbed my hand, looking to the ring.

"He finally did it, it only took our help!"

"Your help?"

I looked to Bucky, he was laughing at Nat's comment.

"Remember yesterday when I had something to ask you but we got interrupted by a mission? This was it. Then Nat almost ruined things in the kitchen this morning because she thought it had happened. Tony walked in on us talking about it.."

"Tony knew?!"

"It wasn't by choice!"

The team had brought the party to us and we danced the night away. They played a slower song so Bucky pulled me close, slow dancing with me.

"So how long has this been in the works?"

"Five months.."

"It couldn't have been more perfect.."

"Were getting married"

"Indeed we are.."

The team arrived home late and noticed Steve on the sofa with a book in hand. He slowly closed it over, looking to see why he didn't receive and invite to this party.

"Where were you all?"

"Eh.." Nat looked to Bucky and I to make the choice to announce it or not.

"We are.." Bucky said, waiting for me to finish the sentence.

"Getting married!" 

"Oh.. okay yeah, well congratulations.."

"Thanks.."

We slowly removed ourselves from that awkward conversation we place ourselfs in and decided not to revisit it.

The next few months were spent wedding planning. Deciding on flowers and venues. Picking guests and our date. One thing we needed to do was decided who would spend the day with us.

"I'll have Nat and Wanda as my bridesmaids"

"I'll take Sam. Should I take Tony too?"

"No, I have a plan for Tony.."

"What about Scott?"

"Okay you may hate this idea, flower girl!"

"Yes.. the role he was born to play!"

"Okay, you tell Sam and Scott, I'll tell Nat, Wanda and Tony."

The girls were so excited that they would be bridesmaids and were already looking into dresses and making wedding dress appointments. I strolled around looking for Tony and found him working on his suit.

"Hey Tony!"

"Hey kid, what's up?"

"So.. my dad isn't going to be there, you know he's dead and all that. I need someone to walk me down the aisle.. I want it to be you.."

He turned his complete focus to me, lost for words.

"Is this a prank, like this better not be a joke!"