Chapter 18- Midnight Man

The party Bucky planed was amazing. It had everything I could have asked for and more.

"Are you surprised?"

"Yes, your the best Bucky!"

"You should probably thank Tony too, he kinda paid for it.."

"I am like the sugar daddy of the Avengers"

Tony appears behind me with a small bag in hand.

"Thank you Tony"

I gave him a huge hug as he handed me the little black bag. I opened it up to see a charm bracelet with a charm saying, 'Best Friends' on it.

"Tony this is so sweet!"

"Well I'm glad you like it.."

I placed the bracelet on my wrist and headed to bar for a drink.

"Happy Birthday Y/N!"

"Nat! Did you know about all this!?"

"Yeah, I helped to plan it!"

"Oh and you didn't tell me?!"

"Bucky had it in the works for a while, I was gonna spoil the fun!"

"It's amazing, he's amazing for doing all of this!"

"So I guess you guys are good now?"

"Most definitely!"

The party went on for hours and hours. Nobody showed any sign of stopping, the night was going to continue. That is when Tony got his bright idea, a karaoke machines.

"Nat, Wanda, it's showtime!"

Yeah we were way too drunk to be up on stage singing. Way too drunk for Mamma Mia. We took our position on stage and began our number.

"Half past twelve ,

and I'm watching the late show in my flat all alone,

How I hate to spend the evening on my own,"

My voice must have caught Bucky's attention, he definitely did not know what I was doing. As walk toward the stage with a huge smile across his face, we reached the songs chorus.

"There's not a soul out there,

No one to hear my prayer,

Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight,

Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away,"

I looked directly into his eyes as I sang the lyrics, he knew they were for him. As the song finished, he helped me down off the stage and kissed me.

"What was that for" I said, placing my hand on his chest.

"Your little show.."

"So I guess you're the midnight man?" I giggled.

"Is there a problem?" He joked back.

"With you, nope, I can't seem to find one when I'm with you"

We sat around a table, the team joining us. The party had cleared up and only us Avengers remained. Everyone was drinking and talking, when and ideas came into Tonys mind.

"We should play truth or dare"

Everyone settled down as the game began. All silly dared and weird truths. Then Sam asked Bucky, oh no. This could literally be anything.

"Bucky, truth or dare?"

"Eh.. truth"

"What were your honest thoughts on Y/N, the first time you met?"

I started to laugh, thinking Bucky hated me in the beginning so I knew the answer I was getting.

"So, Fury says another member is being added and everyones expecting this big strong person to walk through the evaluator doors. Instead, this small girl in a waitress uniform appears, just radiating positive energy. I though she was really cute, like very nice on the eyes. When Tony asked me to bring her upstairs, I was nervous, I didn't know how to talk to her. So instead, I ran away."

"Wait what? I was convinced you hated me!"

"Oh please, how could someone hate you"

"Get a room!"

The game continued on and eventually we got around to me.

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare.."

They sat around, thinking of what dare to give me. I knew I probably should have gone with truth.

"We dare you to hand over you phone, unlocked, for 3 minutes"

"Okay, I don't know what your looking for but, here"

I did the dare and they headed straight for my camera roll. A lot of it was just funny pictures of Bucky, or selfies with friends. Next my texts, they found nothing there and finally my Snapchat.

"Whats you're my eyes only password?"

"No, definitely no.."

"Why not?"

"You don't want to see what's in there.."

"Wait Y/N, what's in there?" Bucky asked.

I turned to Bucky, pulling his ear closer to whisper it to him.

"My um, private pictures.."

"Hand over Y/N's phone, I need to see something!"

I mean he practically snatched the phone from Sam, running off to my room with it. I followed him in to see he was sat on his bed, legs crossed, trying to guess the password.

"Do you want to see it?"

"Please.."

I laughed as I put in the password for him. He spent a good ten minutes looking through it, looking at me in pure silence.

"My girlfriend is hot, like she's really hot."

"Is she now?"

"I mean look at this one, hang on"

He sent the picture to himself, saving it onto his phone. He looked very pleased with himself, I was glad to see him so happy.

"I almost forgot!"

He turned to his dresser, pulling a long rectangular box out of it. 

"Happy birthday doll.."

I smiled as I opened the box, revealing a small heart shaped locket. I opened it to see a picture Bucky and I had taken. I looked up to him, he seemed nervous that I wouldn't like it, I mean I didn't like it, I loved it.

"This is.. wow, Bucky I love it!"

"Really? I didn't know what to get and I saw this and I thought it was good.." He said, sounding relieved.

"Its beautiful, I love you!"

"I love you too doll, now come on, we have things to do"

"Do we know?"

"You know what you have to do"

"Yes I do"

After a fun night, I fell asleep on Bucky as he ran his hand through my hair. I was sound asleep, so I didn't hear what was said to me.

"I can't wait to ask you to marry me.."