Chapter 10- Closure

I was nervous to see him after all this time, I mean my life had completely changed. Nat helped me down the stairs to face him. There he was just sitting there. Like he was some sort of angel that had never harmed anymore. He stood up with a sickening grin on his face and introduced himself to Tony.

"Ah Mr. Stark, a hero of mine.."

"Your here to help Y/N, I'm not coddling you."

He turned and walked over to me. He played both hands on my shoulders and spoke through whisper.

"Do you miss me, my little work of art.."

"No.." I said with my head hung low.

"I'll help you.."

He walked with Tony to the lab and left me alone with Nat. She hugged me and I felt like I was gonna burst into tears. The only reason I didn't was because Barnes walked into the room. 

"Is everything okay? Why is there a scientist here?"

"No reason.. that I know of.." I lied.

"You have to tell him Y/N.." Nat said, I knew she was right.

"The scientist is the guy who gave me my powers.. also my ex-boyfriend. He only dated me for my past trauma and then used it for his experiments. He locked me away from the world for 14 months and then I escaped. 6 months after, Nick Fury requited me.."

"Why is the bastard here!"

"Barnes calm down!" Nat yelled. "Y/N go to the kitchen, I'll follow you in."

I reluctantly left the room to leave Nat to fill Bucky in. I made my way to Thor and Steve, because who is gonna hurt me surrounded by them?

"Do you know how Y/N got her powers?"

"I overheard her speaking of it on her first day here"

"She thinks that somehow, he was able to use an event that didn't happen, to give her the mind blowing up things power. Tony called and now he's here."

"She looks so scared Nat!"

"I know.. you have to be there for her, okay?"

"I will, I always will.."

They went to sit with me and we all talked for a bit. Tony called me in and I looked to Nat and Bucky. They decided it would be better if only one of them came and Bucky jumped at the opportunity. He wrapped his arm around me and told me I was. gonna be okay.

"Right my flower onto the bed" 

His pet names made me sick. Bucky noticed how uncomfortable I was and gave me a reassuring look. Tony and Lucas were running some tests on me to really discover where this came from.

"So the serum stuff. I knew it would work on trauma but it was gonna mould her abilities to what ever form it chose. The serum formed what it wanted to and I think it knew it wasn't the last time you weren't gonna have control over a situation. It's like it has a mind of its own and somehow knew you were gonna go through this event and prematurely gave you this power" Lucas explained.

"So my theory was right?"

"Seems to be kid." Tony replied.

"Well my little project seems to be doing well out here, maybe I should move closer to New York.. keep an eye out on you." Lucas said.

"I think she's just fine without you here, so you can leave now." Barnes said.

"Big scary solider coming to my lady's defence."

"Tony get him out before I break every single bone in his body!"

Tony hurried his guest out of the lab leading Bucky to calm down with me.

"Buck I'm okay!"

"I know I just hate him for what he did to you!"

I took his hands, which slowed his mind down. 

"Im okay.. that's the main thing right now. You saved me from Hydra and I healed. I'm literally living with the strongest people on earth!"

"Okay.."

I slowly placed my hand on his cheek and looked into his eyes.

"Are you okay now Bucky.."

"I'm okay.."

He leaned in and gave me a hug. God why didn't he just kiss me! I literally set it up for him to kiss me and he chose a hug. We left the room and went back to see the team. I decided to go upstairs and realised I was being followed by someone. I whispered to JARVIS to alert Bucky if I don't call him off in 5 minutes. I made it to my room and someone quickly shut the door behind me.

"Hello again"

"Lucas leave.."

"Oh no.. you see I have a plan for you but you need to come with, me to San Fransisco!"

"No I'm happy here! I have friends and met my soulmate. I won't be your lab rat any longer!"

"Oh but you will. I want you to come because my serum worked but you are my proof and you keep running from me!"

"You trapped me for over a year and wouldn't let me go outside, you literally kidnapped me!"

My plan was to stall him for a little bit longer so that JARVIS could get Bucky.

"I'm not leaving here.."

"I can just take you by force!"

"The Avengers are downstairs, they will kill you!"

"Oh and your little tin man is gonna stop me?"

"Tin man is a trained assassin!"

I kept him at bay for as long as I could. After a couple more minutes, Barnes burst in with a huge gun. in his hand.

"Step away from Y/N because I will not hesitate to blow your brains out!"

"Fine I'll leave.."

"Actually no.."

It was Tony with agents behind him.

"Lucas you're getting arrested for your crimes. You wouldn't ever see her again."

"Tony did you do this?"

"You can't live in fear of him any longer and so I took the law into my own hands"

"Thank you Tony!"

I ran over and gave him a huge hug. The agents cleared him out of the room and Tony went along with him, leaving Bucky only with me once more. 

"Did he hurt you?"

"No you came in time so he couldn't do anything to me.."

He shuffled closer to me and me and ran his hand up and down my arm before once again deciding a on a hug.

"Are you're serious? "

"What do you mean?"

"Will you stop hugging me and just kiss me already!"

"What.."

I pulled him in and his lips met mine. I could tell he wanted this for a while now and so did I. 

"So I guess you know that I'm your soulmate"

"I mean heavy metal when I'm trying to sleep, that was really mean"

"Oh please miss one song over and over again!"

"Get in here asshole" I giggled.