Chapter 13- Steve's Games

It had been a few days since the argument and tension had grown through out the tower. Steve was arguing with Bucky, Steve was arguing with me and Bucky and I weren't in that great of a place. I knew he blamed me for this divide but was trying to make it seem as though everything was fine. 

"Okay so I'm giving out mission assignments now so if you don't get one, you can leave"

Steve handed small folders to everyone except me. I stood up and left the room, this was the 4th time this week he had passed me up for missions. I made my way to the gym to train. It was annoying that the entire team would be out and I would have to stay behind. I was working out and practicing my powers when I caught a glimpse of Tony, watching me from a far.

"Hey Tony.."

"Are you okay, you don't seem to be getting on any missions."

"Just some stuff between Bucky, Steve and I. He's been benching me just because he has a problem with me."

"Well that's not right.. I can talk to him if you want?"

"No its fine, I'll just wait to see if it blows over."

"Okay, if that's what you want to do.."

"Thanks Tony.. don't you have a mission?"

"Shit yeah I forgot!"

He sprinted out of the room, leaving me in floods of laughter. 

Tony was going on his mission with Steve, Nat, Bucky and Clint. It was a big take down from what I heard and they needed as many people as they could get. As the mission began, it was clear that they were in too deep.

"Steve it would have worked out better if you had brought Y/N!"

"Shush Tony, you don't know what you're talking about!"

"Maybe not, but I do know were gonna have to retreat because it's not gonna work out"

Retreating was the only option for the team and Steve was not happy with it at all. They arrived back at the tower to sort out what went wrong.

"Steve has put his on personal problems above the interests of the team. He could have brought one of the most powerful Avengers but instead he made her sit at home."

"So this is my fault?"

"We needed as many people as possible and a really powerful one was right here! You can't just get rid of her because you have an issue with her, it's not fair!"

It was true. I haven't been on a mission in a while because of Steve. 

The next few days we're quiet. Bucky had been given an under cover mission and he would be away for 3 days. I hung out with Nat and Tony for most of the time he was away, I didn't realise how much I would miss him. Steve had decided to meet Bucky to get a full mission report before I got to see him. I should have know that this was weird and something was definitely up.

I was waiting for him to come out of the briefing room with Steve for quite a while. He looked shocked when I finally saw him.

"Hey I missed-"

He walked straight by me, not even looking at me . I was really confused until I looked at Steves face. A devilish smile that was plastered across his face was all the confirmation I needed to know he had done something. I chased after Bucky and made my way to his room. He looked so upset, betrayed even.

"Bucky what's wrong?"

"You kissed Tony"

"What-"

"How could you do that to me, I love you and you betrayed me!"

"I never did that.. Tonys like a father to me, why the hell would I kiss him!"

"Steve said-"

"Steve who has been trying to break this up from the beginning! You would trust him over me?!"

"He's my best friend, he wouldn't lie like that!"

"Well he just did.. I actually can't believe this.."

I left his room in full shock as to what just happened. I needed to get out of here for a while, take a breather. Steve had done what he set out to do from the start and I hoped he was delighted with himself. I packed a small bag and bought a hotel room for a few days. I decided to text Nat and fill her in on what was happening

Y/N: Steve just told Bucky that I kissed Tony, he believed him. I'm staying in a hotel for a bit.

Nat: What?! You don't have to leave!

Y/N: Just for a little bit, I'll be okay.

I headed out to my car to make my way to the hotel. I checked in and settled into my room. Little did I know, Nat was about to tear the tower down.

"Steve I'm gonna kill you!"

She grabbed Steve and pinned him to the wall, screaming at him. This got the attention on Tony, Clint and Bucky who were attempting to pull her off of him.

"I am gonna hurt you!"

"Nat calm down, why are you trying to end Steve?"

"He has been spouting lies about Y/N, lies which caused her to get a hotel room and leave!"

"She's where?" Bucky questioned.

"You shut up Bucky, you believed him!" Nat yelled back in protest.

"Nat, what were the lies?"

"That Y/N, kissed you!"

"Oh I'm gonna kill you Steve!"

Now it had changed to just Clint trying to pull Tony off of Steve. 

"Fine.. it was a lie.. can you get off of me now!"

Tony broke the hold he had on Steve and Bucky was left shocked.

"Where is she.."

"She didn't tell me.. I don't think she wants to see you Bucky.."

"God why are you so against her Steve, I should have believed her!"

He left the room in a fit of anger. If only people could see us now. Two broken soulmates, destroyed by lies. One who wanted forgiveness and the other who wasn't sure on how to give it. If this is love, then I don't want it.