𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 : 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐡

√ 𝐘𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐇𝐖𝐀:

√ 𝐘𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐇𝐖𝐀:

Once upon a time, an assface made the wrong decision of agreeing to be my desk mate. That idiot was Jeong Jaehyun. Okay so it is already a well-known and established fact that Jaehyun is a dumb ass. Everyday, there's just something else that further pushes the boundaries of how much of an idiot he really is.

But today? That little boy really pushed it.

I can't even look at him right now. I'm so upset because this stupid little kid ate my muffin. THAT WAS MY MUFFIN SITTING ON MY DESK.

And he ATE it.

Jaehyun tried bothering me for the hours leading up to lunch, trying his best to apologize to me, but I wouldn't budge. My stubborn self didn't want to look at him or care enough to pay attention to his small annoying gestures.

When lunch came around, I sat down in the classroom by myself.

My body relaxed onto my chair and I took a deep breath. Being alone feels great.

My eyes were roaming the classroom walls. It had no purpose. My eyes were just wandering. They kept wandering and wandering, inspecting the classroom walls until I noticed the door opened.

"It's not good to be alone all the time, you know."

Do I even need to say his name for you to know who he is at this point?

The door closes and I hear him approaching me, the sound of his footsteps getting closer. All I hear is the friction of his shoes thumping against the wooden floor and I'm already annoyed. There's a sandwich in his hand from the 1 second I took notice of him.

I don't mind him and continue looking at the walls whilst casually saying, "of course your lonely ass would know."

Jaehyun laughs, a very defensive laugh at that, and tells me, "With all due respect Yeonhwa, you are the lonely one. I mean look around. You were the only one in this classroom before I was. I'm merely here to keep you company."

"I didn't ask for company. Don't bother me when it is not needed."

I feel my head pounding, the anger bouncing in my blood, the desperation all over my body to just get up and leave—and maybe throw a good punch at his face. But, why am I angry?

Oh right, this little boy ate my muffin, which I was saving to enjoy during lunch.

Is it his presence? The way he laughed? His voice? All he did was really nothing to make me this angry. Maybe I just don't like him that much.

"Well I think you need to eat so have this."

He sits down next to me and places the sandwich on my desk.

I violently stare at the sandwich. "It better be good."

My hands carefully unwrap the sandwich and I take a bite. You would not believe how good the sandwich was. It had the right amount of every ingredient in each bite that I took.

"Looks like you're enjoying my creation," Jaehyun says smiling at me. It was evident how pleased he was with my reaction to the sandwich. It's surprising what a sandwich did to me. Moments earlier I was so furious and now I'm indulging in such a good ass sandwich.

After eating a big mouthful of the deliciousness between my hands, I blurted, "but for real, where did you get this? It's so good, I swear."

With and are-you-being serious look on his face, he tells me "I said that I made it. Do you not believe me?"

"Honestly, no."

He scoffs almost immediately. Looks like someone is hurt? "I really did make it."

"There's no way. It's too good to be a product of your making. Now tell me who really made it." I take another big bite and let my body, soul, and mind drown in the lavish taste of the sandwich. Or maybe it's just really good because I was in fact really hungry.

"Give it back then," he demands. Give this sandwich back? Boy I would never.

My eyebrows scrunch and my whole face has seriously written all over it. "Why should I?"

"I made it. It's mine." Not this boy thinking that was enough to justify me giving him the sandwich back. Which I wasn't going to do, but he was certainly expecting me too. Especially since he had that stupid ass smile on his face as if he won.

"Well too bad. You gave it to me so now it's mine."

He scoots closer to me in an attempt to take the sandwich. I slap his hand away. "You know I really want a bite now."

I take another bite and you can see him frown as the sandwich slowly starts to get smaller. "Okay, and?"

"Let me have a bite, please."

Jaehyun really never quits. This is one of the many reasons why I cannot stand him. "Haha, no."

"If I can't taste how good it is, then let me taste something else instead," he says with coyness in his tone. Don't tell me he's already starting with his flirting again.

I simply ignore the way he said it to me and reply, "Something else like what?"

"Your lips."

________________________________