15

A/N: Hi everyone! enjoy chapter 15 of Fearless.

everyone say it with me: GAY!

also i came out to my parents last night, i'll keep y'all updated if you want <3

okay with that enjoy reading! xx
(chapter word count: 1062)

Sophie:
Sophie felt so awkward and uncomfortable when the words blurted out of her mouth but she knew they were true. Ever since she and Keefe broke up, Biana had been by her side the entire time, and Sophie didn't know how to feel about it. She'd never thought she could like girls, but she'd never been opposed to it either. 

"Sorry, say that again?" Marella asked, clearly as confused as Sophie.

"I think I like Biana," she said, slower this time, and Marella's jaw dropped slightly.

"You, what?"

"She's been there for me since I broke up with Keefe and we've been talking a lot more a lot deeper than normal friend stuff and now I think I like her."

"What'd'ya mean, deeper stuff?" Sophie shrugged.

"We talked about how Keefe likes guys and girls, and she asked me if I felt the same. I said I don't know because I didn't and still don't, and asked her and she said and I quote, 'I don't really care about someone's gender I care about if they're an asshole or not.'"

"Wow. Okay, so she's definitely gay," Marella said, and Sophie fought to ignore the warmth in her stomach at the confirmation. Did that mean she did like Biana? What else could it mean?

"She is?"

"You don't say you don't care about gender if you're straight unless you're a pick-me girl, and Biana is the farthest thing from one of those." Marella seemed to be talking to herself more than Sophie, slightly mumbling, and it wasn't very helpful.

"So what do I do?" she asked, pulling Marella's attention back to the problem at hand.

"I say maybe tonight just dance with her and maybe be a bit flirty. Biana's a natural flirt so it'll be hard to tell if she's being genuine or not, but maybe during the slow dance partner with her?"

"What if she thinks that's weird, though." Sophie resisted the urge to tug out an eyelash, something she hadn't done in years but slowly felt coming back with all these new discoveries about herself and her friends.

"Then tell her it's just as friends cause neither of you have a date." Sophie stayed quiet for a moment, and realized that what Marella was saying was, weirdly smart. 

"Okay. Okay, yeah. Yeah, okay. Let's go back." Sophie resisted the urge to make a joke about how many times she said 'okay' as her and Marella walked back into the gym.

"There you are!" Biana yelled as she moved her way through the floor that was becoming more and more crowded and wrapping an arm around Sophie's shoulders. Sophie's skin tingled everywhere her arm touched, and butterflies formed in her stomach. "Where'd you two disappear off to?"

"Girl chat," Marella said, and Biana glanced between the two of them.

"You aren't cheating on me and Linh with each other, are you now?" Sophie froze, fighting the urge to panic.

"Wh-what?" she squeaked, and Biana laughed as Marella gave her a warning look of Keep it cool.

"Just teasing. Jesus, you look like you saw a ghost. Come on! Linh's waiting for us." Biana grabbed Sophie's wrist and dragged her towards Linh and Sophie prayed Marella was right behind them. 

"Soph, Marella, welcome back," Linh said with a small smile, extending her hand and Marella took it. Linh pulled her closer before pressing a soft kiss to the blonde's cheek, and Sophie felt a pang of jealousy in her stomach. she just wanted that relationship. 

In a relationship with Biana.

The rest of the night was a blur of dancing and screaming and singing. Dex, Tam, and Keefe all showed up later in the night. Fitz was there too, begrudgingly for all of five minutes before he left to go hang out with another group of boys who were much more his speed. 

Sophie couldn't keep her eyes off Biana the entire night. The way she danced around without a care, screaming lyrics to the songs from 2012 that everyone knew by heart for some bizarre reason, teal eyes sparkling with excitement.

Finally, the moment Sophie had been half dreading half waiting for arrived. The time to announce Homecoming King and Queen, and with that the slow dance of the night. 

The King and Queen were two seniors that Sophie didn't know, and as they danced, standing closer than two random people voted together which made Sophie think they were dating, she realized that most of the people around her were dancing together. Linh and Marella were, obviously, Marella taking the lead as they swayed together, stealing kisses whenever one felt like it. Dex had disappeared somewhere Sophie didn't know, and it was her, Keefe, Tam, and Biana all standing around awkwardly.

Just as she was working up the nerve to ask Biana to dance as friends, the brunette girl surprised her by asking first. "Dance with me?" Biana asked, over exaggeratedly offering her hand and giggling. Sophie nodded, unable to spit out words as she felt extremely flustered. Biana took her hands, placing them gently on her hips as Biana placed her hands gently on Sophie's shoulders.

"Red's definitely your color," Biana said quietly, not breaking eye contact. Sophie's heart pounded in her chest at the tone in Biana's voice, quiet and smooth.

"Thanks. Blue's yours."

"I know." Biana smiled coyly, and Sophie felt like her face was on fire.

"So, am I breaking any boys' hearts by dancing with you?" Sophie asked, immediately regretting the question. Biana shook her head pressing her lips together as she moved closer to Sophie, their foreheads nearly touching.

"No. But you're making one girl's heart very happy." She closed the distance, pressing their foreheads together and Sophie couldn't keep her eyes of Biana's lips.

Neither of them asked, but both of them knew, and Biana gently moved forward and kissed Sophie.

A large smile spread across Sophie's lips from the two-second interaction and Biana pulled away gently, giggling as Sophie felt like the entire world was spinning underneath her. "I-" Sophie said quietly, and Biana swooped in again, kissing her much harder. Sophie tightened her grip on Biana's waist as Biana moved her hands from Sophie's shoulders to her hair, messing up the delicate curls even more than they already had been from the night of jumping around.

"Okay, I think I speak for us all when I ask, are any of us straight?"

A/N: ooooh who said that at the end.....

teehee im so glad im back this book is so GAY