17

A/N: Hi everyone! enjoy chapter 17 of Fearless.

i'm back i'm back im sorry everyone my mcyt account is popping OFF rn and i was putting my focus on that. um go follow btw if you wanna give it a read 

some of yall called this from the start so congratulations you win nothing but my love and affection which all of you already have

okay with that enjoy reading! xx
(chapter word count: 841)

Dex:

Part of Dex felt disgusted as he walked through the hallways of the school. He hadn't thought his friends would pester him half to death about who he, in Keefe's words, "was being gay with".

Truth be told, he never thought he could be this reckless and stupid. He can't believe it still.

That homophobic piece of shit isn't as bad as he thought.

"Dex," a hushed whisper came from the boys bathroom, and Dex turned to see Fitz still standing there, cheeks flushed and hair messed up. He reached out and grabbed Dex's arm, tugging him inside and locking the main door. Hopefully, no one had to pee in the time they were in there.

"What?" Dex whispered back, catching Fitz's stare, which was still slightly intimidating, but for different reasons.

"Do you have any f*cking clue what we just did?"

"Made out?" Fitz rolled his eyes, and leaned onto the wall. He wasn't too much taller, but something about his gaze made Dex feel about two inches tall.

"Exactly. Why. Why did I do that? What's wrong with me." Dex watched in confusion as Fitz slid to the floor covering his face with his hands.

"You realize you came onto me, right? Not that I hated it. You're a good kisser, actually, just,"

"Dex," The word was barely audible but it stopped the word vomit immediately. Fitz looked up at Dex, and now he felt as though he was the extremely tall one. Dex slid down the wall to Fitz's level as the dark-haired boy asked with a shaky voice, "Am I gay?"

"I mean, did you like it?" Dex felt so awkward in that situation. Just the question from the most homophobic person at their school made him feel all sorts of wrong. 

Was it wrong that he hoped Fitz said yes?

"I don't know. I think. I just. I'm a little tipsy, okay? One of my friends got me water, but I'm like 99% sure it wasn't just water in there."

"Wh- How? Who?!"

"Not important. I'm blaming this," He gestured between the two of them, "On that." Fitz's head snapped towards Dex. "Not a word to anyone." Dex nodded, feeling shame and embarrassment in his stomach.

Of course, it was a drunk mistake. 17 years old and drunk, making out with a 16-year-old in a bathroom at a school dance just to say "I kissed a boy once. Weird, huh?" Dex could already hear the warped stories if the word got out. He could hear Fitz laughing behind his back, claiming Dex was the one to initiate it, glaring and shoving him every time they passed in the hallway.

Gay with fragile masculinity. What a wonderful combo. 

Fitz, of course. Not Dex.

If he was gay.

He had to be. There was no way he wasn't.

Dex had left the group of people to go to the bathroom when the slow song came on. He didn't have anyone to dance with, and didn't want to awkwardly watch as all his friends paired up, leaving him alone. He knew Marella and Linh were dating, that Sophie and Biana had been eyeing each other all night, and he had no clue what was going on between Tam and Keefe, but something was there.

He loved being single with a crush on a homophobic person.

Dex opened the bathroom and closed the door behind him. He planned on just hanging out until the slow song was over, and nearly had a heart attack when the door flew open. He glanced to his left to see... Fitz Vacker?

His teal eyes were wide and panicked, and he gripped onto the edge of the counter, not noticing Dex. "Shit shit shit," he mumbled under his breath, turning the faucet on and splashing water on his face.

"Fitz?" Dex didn't realize the words were verbal and not in his head until Fitz whipped around.

"What," he snapped.

"I, nothing." Dex shook his head, glancing at the floor.

"You're gay, right?" The question was so sudden that Dex got whiplash from how fast he looked back up.

"What?" He wasn't sure where this was going, and he didn't want Fitz to like, attack him or something.

"Are you gay?"

"Are you going to hurt me if I say yes?" Dex folded his arms across himself, nervous.

"Just answer the damn question." Fitz came closer and Dex, cringed, preparing for a punch to the face. Instead, Fitz stopped when their shoes were nearly touching. After a moment of silence Dex glanced up to see Fitz staring at him.

There was no anger in his eyes. It looked almost, afraid.

"Fitz?" Dex asked quietly. The taller boy pressed his lips together, shaking his head so slightly it was almost impossible to see.

"I can't do this. I can't keep pretending."

"Pretending what?" Dex asked. Fitz shook his head, more noticeable that time, and moved a centimeter closer.

"You have my full permission to kick me in the balls if this doesn't go well."

"You have no idea how terrified that sentence just made me," Dex joked, and Fitz shook his head.

"Dex, close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Just do it." Dex closed his eyes hesitantly, and a second later Fitz's lips were on his.