o9

A/N: Hi everyone! enjoy chapter 9 of Fearless.

im so freaking excited ab this chapter you have no idea. also... DOUBLE UPDATE!!
there's a chapter 10 right after this, so keep going once you're done :)

im gonna have image references for the outfits because i have a very specific view for them, so enjoy those!

this is also a chapter with a very cliche high school party, so if that makes you uncomfortable, maybe skip these next couple of chapters. or not. do whatever. i did warn yall in the book description it was mature-er than anything i've written. i also made up a few names, so if the names aren't from the book, they're from my brain :)

okay with that enjoy reading! xx
(chapter word count: 2085)

Marella:
Marella stood in front of the mirror in her room, admiring her outfit. She'd left her hair down, a rare occasion, and parted it far over her right eye. Her shirt had vertical stripes in alternating colors of mustard yellow, grayish blue, black, tan, and white. She had all but two buttons done, the top tucked into her pants, which were plain black jeans with rips at the knees. She had low-top black vans, and a grayish-brown scrunchie on her left wrist to finish the look.

 She had low-top black vans, and a grayish-brown scrunchie on her left wrist to finish the look

She went to sit back down on her bed and pulled her phone out to text Linh.

Me
almost here?

linh ((:
pulling up right now.

Marella smiled at the text as she stood, pushing her phone into her back pocket and going down the stairs. "Mom, I'm leaving now. See you tomorrow!" 

"Have fun! Stay safe!"

"I will!"

Marella was extremely thankful in that moment that her mom didn't know what exactly happened at a Vacker party. Because lots of kids got drunk, did drugs, smoked. The stuff you hear about in movies or read in books. She'd participated a few times, and was so thankful her mom never found out. Besides...

Marella never refused a dare.

She left the house and saw Linh's car parked out front. The black-haired girl waved from the front seat, and Marella felt a little skip in her step as she rounded the front of the car to slide into the passenger's seat.

As much as she wanted to deny it, she couldn't. She had a huge crush on Linh Song.
And she had a feeling it was going to be revealed at the party.

"I love your shirt," Linh complimented as she started the car. The music she must've been listening to on the short drive there started playing, and Marella felt a smirk play across her lips as Girl in Red's we fell in love in october started to play.

"Thanks. I like your dress. And I got it thrifting with Biana." Marella didn't lie when she said she liked the dress. It was pale blue, a color that brought out her gorgeous silvery-blue eyes, and simple with thin straps. The dress was a low v-cut, and Marella did her best to not let her eyes wander. Linh was sitting at the moment, but she could tell the dress was short, maybe mid-thigh length? And when she looked down, she saw dirty black converse laced on her feet.