o6

A/N: Hi everyone! enjoy chapter 6 of Fearless.

did someone say keefe? no. no one said keefe but i am. welcome to a keefe sencen POV

happy national coming out day! i love every single one of you no matter how you are, and i'd like to take this day to say that i myself am bisexual :)

okay with that enjoy reading! xx
(chapter word count: 1226)

Keefe Sencen:
Hours passed but still no sign of his mom. She'd left at around 10 that morning and had promised to be home for dinner.

Just one dinner.

And it would be the most important one of Keefe's life.

Because he had finally planned to tell her something he'd sat on for a long time.

It was currently 7 at night and Keefe sat in his room, watching out the window of his third story bedroom, looking for her. A harsh knock at his door made him jump. 

"Mom?" he called hopefully. Maybe she'd slipped in when he wasn't paying attention. The door creaked open and Sophie Foster walked in, small smile on her face.

"Nope, just me," she said, coming closer.

"Oh, hey Foster," he said distractedly. He'd forgot that Sophie was coming over that day. He'd asked her to come a couple hours ago when he knew his Mom wasn't coming home, but so many thoughts had ran through his brain in the last two hours he'd forgotten.

"Are you okay? You look pale." Sophie tucked her legs under her as she sat on the bed next to Keefe, placing a cool hand on his forehead.

"Fine, just tired and worried." He ran his fingers through his hair once she moved off him. Sophie frowned and leaned forward, kissing him gently. For the first time, he didn't kiss her back.

Sophie noticed this and pulled away, eyebrows furrowed as she looked at Keefe with concern in her hazel eyes.

"What's wrong? Are you sick?" She reached for one of his hands. Keefe let her, and placed his other overtop, creating a sandwich of their hands.

"I was gonna tell my Mom something, but I feel like I should tell you this. It wouldn't be fair." His ice blue eyes stayed on their hands as they talked, and nerves coursed through his veins.

Would she hate him? Yell and get mad?
Would she ask for details? Wonder how long he'd known?
Would she be sad? Ask why he never told her?
Would she hate him for another reason? No, her best friend was gay too.

Yeah.

That three letter word.
The one that haunted Keefe since he first started dating Sophie.

Because while he was with her, he noticed different things about himself. She'd point out cute boys, and Keefe wouldn't care. He would agree with her, sometimes. She thought he was doing it to be polite.

He was doing it because he thought the same thing and couldn't stop himself.

Then school started again and Fitz decided that his target for the year was going to be Tam Song. A boy who came out over summer, along with his twin sister, Linh.

Fitz decided that was disgusting, even though he had no problem, outwardly at least, with Marella being lesbian. So he taunted and harassed Tam every day.

Called him a f*g. Told him to die. Mocked and ridiculed, no matter how much Marella or Keefe begged him not to. 

Well, Keefe begged. Marella demanded.