11

A/N: Hi everyone! enjoy chapter 11 of Fearless.

i got really bored and made a quiz for y'all to take to get to know me: https://buddymeter.com/quiz.html?q=EN1anU5

this one's really short, sorry guys! at least there's content?

okay with that enjoy reading! xx
(chapter word count: 817)

Linh:
Linh was always an early riser. No matter what time she went to bed, her internal clock would wake her up no later than 8 am. Sometimes it was nice, but considering she went to bed at 4. She just wasn't tired, and she, El, and Kaitlyn had all stayed up and talked. It was adorable, watching the two girls sit as close together as possible, reveling in the fact that they both were together.

It made Linh feel so soft watching the two girls as they half talked with Linh, half giggled to each other, El occasionally kissing the brunette's cheek. Her favorite thing to see was how comfortable the girls were with each other.

It made her realize how much she liked Marella.

Obviously, Marella liked her back. After all, they made out in the guest bathroom. But Linh wasn't sure if Marella's passion went beyond that kind of stuff, or if she wanted a commitment like Linh. 

It made Linh realize how f*cked she was, how badly her stomach ached at the thought of spending the rest of her life with the blonde that was currently asleep between her arms. Before Marella fell asleep she'd scooted out from between Linh's legs so that they were lying side by side. Sure it was a little squished, but it wasn't too bad. Marella had her head on Linh's chest, one arm hanging lazily across the silver-eyed girl's stomach, their legs tangled together. As she listened to the silence of the room, Linh ran her fingers through Marella's hair, enjoying the warmth of the petite girl lying so close to her. 

Nearly three weeks after the party the whole school was abuzz about Homecoming. It wasn't surprising, to Linh, just irrelevant. She'd never gone to a school dance before, had no one to go with, had no one who wanted to go with her.

It was only Monday and she'd walked past three couples asking each other to Homecoming. Only one of them was memorable.
Two were straight couples, but one made Linh's heart absolutely burst.

It was El and Kaitlyn. God, they were gonna be the death of her. 

It happened during lunch. Linh was eating her gross cafeteria food sitting next to Tam when a very familiar song started playing.

You will be my girl, my girl, my girl. My girl. Linh watched with wide eyes as El ented the cafeteria with a sign, approaching the table where Kaitlyn and the rest of her musically talented friends sat. On the sign were words written in bold black that said: Will you be my girl, my girl, my girl at Hoco 2020?

Linh almost started crying when Kaitlyn said yes and kissed El in front of everyone. Most people cheered, someone started booing, but then a smack echoed and Linh knew that it was an interaction between the Vacker's. 

Thursday, the day before the dance, and Linh still hadn't worked up the nerve to ask Marella. And Marella hadn't asked Linh either. 

Linh wanted to just go up and ask her, but she couldn't. She was too scared, too nervous.

So when it finally happened, Linh almost threw up because of how many butterflies were knotted in her stomach.

It was a normal day. Marella sat with Biana and Sophie, occasionally sending flirty glances or smiles to Linh, who sat with Tam at the next table over. Linh wasn't sure why they couldn't all sit together, but Tam seemed adamant against having anything to do with the Vacker's, despite the fact that Biana's best friend was a lesbian and that Tam's crush was best friends with Fitz. Linh had just finished her lunch and was about to take her tray back when Marella passed by, dropping a piece of paper on Linh's lap. Linh unfolded the note, which read in Marella's simultaneously neat-yet-hardly-legible handwriting: water fountain after school. where we first talked.

Linh swallowed her excitement and couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of the day. Maybe this was it. Maybe Marella was going to ask her to the school's Homecoming.

"Linh!" Marella called once the day was over. Linh's stomach tightened as she stepped towards the water fountain. 

"What's up?" Linh asked, trying to keep her voice calm.

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?" Marella asked nonchalantly, and Linh's heart rate sped up by like a million.

"N-No," she stuttered out. Marella smirked, leaning against the lockers.

"What a coincidence. I don't either. And you know, that thing, tomorrow. What is it again?" 

"The d-dance." Linh couldn't keep the excited nerves out of her voice as she wondered how Marella put such a spell on her. 

"Would you like to go to said dance with me?"  Linh's jaw dropped, and Marella mocked her face before stepping forward, pressing her hand against Linh's cheek. Marella tilted on her toes to kiss Linh, and Linh kissed her back. 

"I'm assuming that's a yes?" Marella asked breathily, pressing her forehead to Linh's.

"Absolutely."