o8

A/N: Hi everyone! enjoy chapter 8 of Fearless.

the banter in the beginning between marella and her friends is basically what me and my friends do to each other when one of us has a crush(except me cause my crush is erm... well... female)

sorry this chapter took so long! i haven't had a ton of inspiration <33

okay with that enjoy reading! xx
(chapter word count: 1036)

Marella:
"Are you going to the party tonight?" Biana asked as they stood in line for lunch. Or, rather, Marella waited for her and Sophie to get lunch. Her mom had bought pizza last night and given Marella the leftovers. 

"Of course. This week was awful. I need something to pick me up," Sophie said, and Marella nodded in agreement.

"Agreed. I'm hoping Linh goes. I kinda miss her."

"Awww," Biana said, "you miss your girlfriend!" Marella rolled her eyes.

"Not my girlfriend. We hung out once, and that was it."

"You literally played Girl in Red and kissed her. I think that means you're dating," Sophie pointed out as they sat down at their usual table. 

"It was a cheek kiss, and I ran away before she could say anything! For all I know she never wants to see me again."

"I see her staring all the time. She likes you. Undeniable."

"Soph, I love you, but I'm not gonna let you tell me who likes me. You're kinda oblivious when it comes to that." Sophie stuck her tongue out at Marella, and Biana wrapped an arm around Sophie's shoulder.

"It's alright, Soph. And Marella, I see it too, so it's not just our little oblivious little girl who thinks so." Biana pinched Sophie's cheek as she talked, causing Sophie to grimace and push her off.

"I'm sitting next to Marella. I don't like it here." Sophie stood dramatically, but just as she was about to sit down, another voice spoke behind them.

"This seat taken?" Marella's heart soared as Linh's familiar voice spoke behind her. 

"Nope, all yours," Marella said with a smile, well aware of Biana and Sophie watching as Linh sat down beside her. Linh smiled back at Marella, tucking her long black hair behind her ears, exposing the small silver hoop on her right ear. 

"So, Linh, going to Fitz's party tonight?" Sophie asked, eyeing the two girls opposite her, as she'd gone back to her original seat beside Biana. 

"I dunno. Would he want me there, especially how he feels about my brother?" 

"Well, forget it's Fitz's party for a second. It's my party now, seeing as we live together, and I'm inviting both you and Tam. Coming? Starts at 7." Biana said, winking slightly at Marella as she did so. Marella rolled her eyes, reaching her foot out to kick Biana's shin, and she winced as Linh answered with a laugh.

"I'll think about it. You going?" She suddenly turned her attention to Marella, causing her cheeks to turn pink. Marella went to push her hair behind her ears, forgetting she'd done it in two dutch braids that morning, and instead ran her fingers awkwardly along the right side of her head.

"Was planning on it." Linh pressed her lips together at that, nodding her head, and Marella felt suddenly odd as she turned to her pizza and ignored the butterflies in her stomach.

"Hey, Marella, wait up!" Marella stopped beside Biana, who turned around the voice as well.

"I'm gonna go catch up to Fitz, tell him to wait for you, 'kay?" Biana leaned over to whisper to Marella, and she nodded.

"Alright." Then louder, to Linh, she asked, "What's up?"

"Would you wanna," Linh stopped a few feet from Marella, shrugging a backpack strap off her shoulder as she lingered on her words, "go-to-the-party-tonight-with-me." She spoke so fast that Marella couldn't catch the last part.

"Sorry, what?" Linh took a deep breath, blowing it out harshly before speaking again, much slower this time.

"Would you wanna go to the party tonight, with me?" Marella felt her heart soar, and she couldn't believe the words just came out of Linh's mouth.

"I-I would love to." Linh smiled, and the small smile on her face made Marella feel all soft.

"Great. I'll come by your house around 6:40?"

"Sounds good. I'll see you then." Marella couldn't deny the swarm of butterflies in her stomach, and they only erupted further when she walked away from Linh, allowing the giddy smile she'd been hiding to spread across her face. 

She tried to keep her walk steady as she made her way to Fitz's car, but it was more of a skip as she hopped up to the car, sliding into the back beside Biana. Fitz sat in the driver's seat, Keefe in the passenger's, and Fitz looked back at Marella, annoyance obvious on his face.

"What took you so damn long?" he asked harshly, and Marella rolled her eyes.

"I got a date for your sister's party." Marella folded her arms across her chest smugly, and Fitz narrowed his eyes. Marella didn't quite understand how he and his sister shared the exact same features: wavy dark brown hair and incredibly blue eyes, yet could look so different with them. Fitz's made him look mean, but Biana's made her look elegant.

"How did you get a date for my," Fitz put emphasis on the word my, "party? What girl would want to go with you?"

"Fitz, be nice!" Biana cut in, and Fitz just waved her off.

"No, it's fine, Biana." Marella placed a hand on her friend's shoulder as Fitz continued, and she could see he was making even Keefe uncomfortable. 

"So, Marella, who's your date?" Fitz asked, turning back around to start the car.

"I'm not telling. You'll have to wait and see." Marella felt quite smug when Fitz sighed heavily, almost sounding like a growl, and Biana leaned over, whispering a name in Marella's ear. She nodded, and Biana bumped shoulders with her.

"You little. Oh my God," Biana squealed, and Marella smirked.

"Oh my God. Ahhh!" Keefe mocked them from the front seat and Marella stepped on his seatbelt, rolling her eyes.

"First date with your girlfriend," Biana sang in Marella's ear, and she rolled her eyes again.

"It's nothing like that, alright? Just Linh and I going to the party together."

"Uh-huh. Whatever you say. I think you're rivalling Sophie for the most oblivious girl at school." Marella sighed, keeping silent as she stared out the window.

She wasn't oblivious. She knew she wanted it to be a date, but she had no idea if Linh felt the same.