Three days after

Three to four days after the wedding my mom and my aunt came over. I was excited to see my mom since I did miss her. Even if she treated me differently she was and still will be my mom. When she got her, first thing she did was come into my room and ask where the Hmong clothes were.
"Mai where are the Hmong clothes you and the green lady wore back?"
"Mom the ones we wore to the house is in the big suit case and the ones you gave us to wear back is in the small suit case." I replied pointing to the suit case.
She then unzipped the suit case and started looking at the outfit.
"Mai these are both your two older sisters Hmong clothes. All the clothes to the money necklace and things are both your sisters. You don't have any Hmong clothes. Don't be sad but since these aren't yours, I will have to bring it back home since they are not married yet and will need their Hmong clothes in the future."
As sad as I was I nodded and said smile and said, " Mom is was never mines in the first place so take it back. I'm not sad or anything and it's fine."
My mom smile and grab the clothes and went home. My mother in law and husband kept rubbing in my face with words like " your mom doesn't even love you that's why she couldn't even give you $1000 back on your wedding and she came back for the clothes. You should be sad."
Of course I was sad and upset but what did they want me to do? Cry about it? I always kept it in my mind and heart that yes I know she didn't love me but I didn't need them rubbing it in my face. Next day we walked over to visit My husband friend. He lived a block down only so we decided not to drive. We were all talking and my husband ask his friend. "Hey kao when you married your wife, how much did you get back from your in laws?"
Kao replied " oh we got a lot back. $8,000 back from her mom and the relatives adding $10,000 total."
Oh now my husband will rub it in my face even more saying that my mom doesn't love me since his friend got more money back than he did. After chit chatting we decided that us four will get ready the next day to go to downtown Sacramento. Next day we woke up to drive to a train station. We bought tickets and got on the train. I wonder to myself, why didn't we just drive? Why did we have to take the train? When we got to downtown we walked around and shopped around. My husband showed me where the Hmong people had the protest for General Vang Pao when he was locked up. We walked around a couple more hours and decided to go back home.