Straw Hat Luffy vs The World

In Las Vegas, NV.

A man with jean shorts, a sleeveless buttoned-up shirt, and a straw hat walked through the city making sure to cover as much of his face as he could with his hat. His name was Luffy or Monkey D. Luffy. Also one of the most wanted men in the world. Luffy didn't do anything wrong. He even saves people but the government seems to want to take him in and use his powers for weapons.

A police car drove by and took a quick look at the man. The policeman in the car pulled over feeling as if he recognized him from somewhere.

Luffy sighed as he knew what that meant and ran as the policeman got out of his car and chased the man down. While running Luffy flipped over garbage cans behind him to slow the officer down but it was only when he jumped over a car that he did anything to the officer's chase. Luffy then ran behind a dumpster and hid there until the officer left the area.

"*Sigh* Finally," Luffy said but then suddenly felt the ground rubbing. He looked back at the street to see a Devil Buster Unit driving through the streets. Luffy backed up and then ran away from it.

The Devil Buster Units were made specifically for people with powers like Luffy. Devil Fruit powers. Devil Fruits are fruits with special abilities. Abilities like... turning your body into an animal or an element. The government says it wants to cure the people that have been turned but even Luffy could tell they didn't. What they wanted was an army of these Devil Fruit users.

Turning people into weapons, Luffy just wanted to be free. To have people stand aside from him and help make him and everyone else free of the hunt for Devil Fruit users that's the only reason why he's out there.

To get someone to stand with him.

Inside one of the Devil Buster's

"Report, soldier," ordered General Akainu.

The lackey replied, "Local police reported that a man fitting the description was sighted. They pursued but lost him."

The general's eyes narrowed. "It's him. The Straw Hat is in Vegas. Radio Sabo at the Cube. Tell him to get a containment cell ready."

"Uh, General Akainu, sir," another soldier called. "Why would Monkey D. Luffy come here? He's stayed away from populated places for months now. He's stayed out of the country. Why come back now?"

Akainu shook his head. "Right now, I don't know, and I don't care. We can get all the answers we want when he's locked away."

With Luffy

Luffy walked into a public diner and looked around. It seemed like a normal place but there was one person here Luffy was looking for. A person with powers.

Luffy's eyes wandered around the diner searching for anyone that would come to mind. He sighed when he couldn't find them and sat next to a man in a white jacket. He had 2 cigars in his mouth and white slightly spiky hair.

"Hey buddy," Luffy called out to the guy. He barely gave his attention while he ate his soup but did give a slight nod. "You've seen a guy named Smoky in here?"

The guy's eye twitched a bit "The name is Smoker kid."

"Ohhhhh right, well have you seen him?" Luffy asked, as Smoker almost fell off his chain and on to the ground.

'What's wrong with this kid?!' Smoker asked himself "I'M Smoker!"

"Oh ok." Again Smoker almost fell off his chair because of the stupid kid's attics "Well then I got to ask you something... It's about the cube." Smoker's face darkened a bit

"What about it?"

"The cube is known as a supervillain prison, holding people with all kinds of Devil Fruit powers. You were there," Smoker ate a bit faster as Luffy continued "I'm asking what you know about the experiments, and if you would stand by me if we try to take them down. I'm afraid that they are trying to turn people with powers like ours into weapons and I'm sure they are close too."