The Avengers Born

Mustang looked at the man in front of him. He could tell the man in front of him was completely different from the one he first met. The most noticeable thing about him that was different was... his eyes. Those eyes... belonged to a murderer. 

Nine was no one to mess with, especially now when he was at full power and seemed to have taken a couple of different abilities from other prisoners in the Raft.

Thanks to the bodysuit he wore now, he was at least at half of his power, maybe a little more. That was all they could do to weaken God in front of him.

Mustang glared at his captor. "What do you want, Nine?!"

In suppressed anger and with glowing red eyes, the former prisoner answered. "Really? You're going to ask me that? Is it not obvious to you? I helped you with your research, and this is how you repay me!"

"You lied to S.H.I.E.L.D! You lied to me! And then you became a danger to society! You became this!" Mustang noticed how Nine tightened his grip on his collar. Trying to find a way out of this predicament, he tried to distract the former prisoner to buy himself some time. "Ju-just... calm down-"

"Calm down?! Calm down! Don't you dare tell me to 'calm down'! I just woke up years in the future, just to find myself at the bottom of the ocean! Do you not realize how much of my life you took away from me?!"

Mustang gritted his teeth. Not his finest moments, definitely not. However, he had to do what had to be done. If he became a threat he would expect nothing less if he was treated the same.

"You took years off my life. How about I take years off of your's!"

Mustang felt a sudden pain go through him. Blood flooded his mouth as a sudden cough made him spit out a glob of it. Mustang looked down to see Nine's smoking index finger and followed to where the finger was pointing to see a small hole in his abdomen.

A sudden 'whoosh' sound came from behind him making Mustang turn his head slightly to see a giant yellow barrier form, a meter behind his back. Nine let go of Mustang's collar while tossing him back, like a rag doll, towards the barrier. With another 'whoosh' sound, Mustang felt a sudden strong current of wind push him forward. The pressure of the wind almost snapping Mustang's back entirely. Another barrier formed in front of the man, it also released a strong current of wind forcing him back, trapping himself between the two barriers and there strong pressure. 2 more spawned to his right and left and it wasn't long before Mustang felt those two as well launch a large gust of wind at his body, breaking his bones and tissue more and more by the second.

Nine's eyes stopped glowing revealing his lifeless gray eyes. Before they suddenly glowed a sky-blue color that only made him more menacing.

Mustang roared out in pain and blood forced it's way out of his mouth making it gush out, as if the man was a water fountain.

Nine was so absorbed in the torture that he didn't notice a giant fireball flying right at him, dispersing the barriers and wind that was trapping the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. The sudden lack of concentration of Nine noticing his new opponent caused the lightning and clouds in the sky to disappear.

Without the wind trying to smush Mustang into a pancake, he started to fall to the water. But before he impacted into New York Bay, a black rope-like substance wrapped around his waist and pulled him back. "Deku?"

The young man in question didn't even look back at the Director as he floated above the water getting away from the battlefield, while dragging Mustang with him, the black rope stilled tied around Mustang's waist. "Sorry. No time for small talk. We have to move." Behind them, the entire Raft sank into the water once more where it belonged. Onlookers and citizens stared at the scene in shock of what transpired.