Chapter 9 - Lilly's Turn

It had been a week since Emma went to jail and all of them were still not able to figure out what Emma meant by "Lilly's Turn, after what happened to Emma, Max and Lilly were told by their parents to skip school for a few days to process what had happened in the last few days. A year had passed since what happened to Emma, both the girls had started to go to school again. Lilly was terrified of what would happen to her. After a week Max's birthday was coming, the day before max acted very strange, however, Lilly knew that max was staying late at school since she had a spelling bee. That night, max came home at 8 p.m. at night with cuts and bruises all over her but without saying a word to anyone Max ran into her room shutting the door behind her. An hour later the room door opens and Lilly walks in, she calmly sits on the bed and wipes max's tears she asks max what happened max's takes a deep breath and opens her mouth to talk but no words come out only tears then wipes her tears again and says " ok, I will tell you but promise you won't tell anyone " Lilly nods taking a deep sigh and continuing tells Lilly that Emma threatened to kill Lilly and destroy the family, she said that she tried protecting Lilly and the whole family since she didn't wanna lose the people whom she loved but Emma hit her so hard that she couldn't do anything and threatened that if Max does not stay out of this then she will kill her instead of Lilly and said that Emma had the killing look on her face and started chasing max, Max was way faster so Emma couldn't catch up. As Max finished she started to cry again, so Lilly calmed her and max fell fast asleep. Lilly didn't break her promise, one day she said to max " I can't do this anymore, I am going to Emma and no one is stopping , I can't let my sister get hurt not now nor in the future, I am going " max said " no, you could die, I won't let you " Lilly smiled and replied " well, then I don't want you to get hurt, I have no choice " the room window suddenly shattered and the heard their mothers screaming, then the door shut, a minute later it was absolute silence. from behind Lilly, they heard Emma's voice saying " I am here for you Lilly " and just as Emma was about to stab Lilly in the back with her knife, Max hit Emma with a metal rod and she fainted. Lilly took the knife and asked Emma where did she keep their parents she just said " basement ", max hit her with the metal rod and took her out of the house and took their parents out of the basement.