The Birth of the Sideskicks (Sanders Sideskicks AU)

Note:
This was written before Remus' appearance.

______

The Sides were all hanging out in the Imagination for their monthly picnic together when, all of a sudden, day turns to night and an array of colors filled the once blue sky.

"uh... Princey? What's happening?" Virgil asks the fanciful Side, staring above in awe yet with slight fear.

"nothing to worry about my fellow traits. What we're witnessing now is simply just an idea being imagined by our dear Thomas. He's daydreaming about it as we speak."

"whoa! That's so cool!" Patton claps gleefully, watching as a few blobs begin to form shapes in the sky.

"this is very intriguing, Roman." the logical Side comments, smiling up at the scene unfolding before them, "are you able to encompass any of his ideas while he's in the process of imagining them?"

"yep! But only for ideas that require my assistance in the creativity department. Thomas isn't doing anything important today, so this is most likely a random idea he's thought up for the likes of it."

Janus was barely listening to the other Sides as he was too invested in figuring out what the shapes were forming into. After a few minutes, it became clear to him that they weren't just shapes anymore, but silhouettes of...

"are those

"are those... Animals?" he says aloud.

"oh my gosh! They are!" Patton squeals, pointing at each silhouette with a wide smile on his face, "there's a cat! Ooh, and a snake! That one over there looks like a bird!"

"the one to the far right seems to be a fox, although it is quite small and has bigger ears than a normal fox would." Logan points out.

"yeah! And the last one is..." a gasp escapes the moral Side at seeing the final silhouette, "IT'S A CUTE LITTLE DOGGO!!!" he screams in absolute delight.

"Dad, calm down." Virgil chuckles at the trait he considers his very own fatherly figure, "I feel like you'd be the first ever person to die from cuteness."

"I second that." Janus nods in agreement towards the anxious Side.

Roman sighs fondly at his little famILY, a small smile plastered on his face at seeing them all happy and getting along. His attention is then brought back to the sky when the animal silhouettes began to flicker in and out. A look of confusion replacing his fond expression.

"what's happening now, Roman?"

"Um... You all might want to duck."

"quack?"

"duck?!"

"quack quack?"

Virgil panics and tackles everyone to the group, just as five light beams shoot out from the sky in different directions. A few seconds later, night turns back to day and everything goes back to how it was a few minutes prior.

"what. Just. Happened?!" the anxious Side screams at no one in particular, but looks Roman dead in the eyes, "what the heck, Princey! You said there was nothing to worry about!"

"there was nothing to worry about!" Roman defends himself.

"oh yeah? Then what were those light beams, huh? They could've hit us!"

"but they didn't."

"still!"

"now c'mon, kiddos, no need to fight. We're all fine, see?" Patton gestures to each of them, showing that no one was hurt.

"I'm t-totally not suffocating fr-...from all your weights on top of m-me." Janus wheezes out from under the pile of bodies.

"shoot! Sorry, Jay!"

"oh my gosh, are you alright kiddo?"

"our deepest apologies, Lying King."

"do you need any medical assistance?"

Each of the Sides spoke at the same time after shuffling off of their body pile and heaving up the deceitful trait from the ground.

"uh, I think I'll be okay." Janus dusts himself off, then turns to Roman, "but really, what the heck was that?"

All eyes were on Roman then, and though he loves attention, he has some explaining to do.

"that, my friends, is how things come to life in this place."

Logan quirks a brow, "expand on that, please."

"okay uh, you know all the characters Thomas has created for his Vines and Cartoon Therapy?"

Everyone nods.

"well, that's how they're made. They become part of the Imagination and reside here, so when Thomas wants to "act" as them, he can manifest into them easily."

"ah, I see."

"but..."

"but?" Virgil repeats in question.

"hehe, butts." Patton giggles to himself.

"I have a feeling Thomas didn't create those animals for him... Did you notice how each of them were seen near each of our color themes?"

"yes... So, what does that mean? Are we going to have our own animal counterparts?" Logan theorizes.

A sudden burst of light appears in their little huddle circle, causing everyone to stumble back in shock.

Five necklaces then fall out of it, each being in the color theme of the five Sides. A second later, the light disappears, leaving five confused personality facets staring at the accessories before them.

The fanciful Side then slowly picks up the necklace having his color theme, inspecting the small, red glowing orb within it

"guys... I think Logan may be right."