6 - A Royal's Thief (Sanders Sideskicks AU)

Since Remus also encompasses a portion of Thomas' Imagination, he was able to summon the others with a simple raise of his hand.

"Remus!" The fanciful trait exclaims in surprise, glaring at his brother for the abrupt summoning.

"Relax, brother dear." Remus waves his hand dismissively in front of Roman's face, earning a low (but cute) growl from Lady.

Patton squeals.

Virgil snickers.

Remus let's out an offended Dukey noise.

Puffball decides to jump out of Patton's arms to sniff at the others, wanting to make sure no one was a threat to his owner.

Storm curiously peeks his head out from inside Virgil's zipped up hoodie.

Sylvia all but curls around her owner's neck, unbothered by the new company.

And Icarus just ruffles his feathers and stays perched on Logan's shoulder.

"Remus is the only one left without an animal counterpart." Janus informs while gently petting Sylvia's head.

"Judging by his necklace, they may not be far." Logan points out.

"We can help you!" Patton is quick to add, "Puffball, do you think you could sniff out Remus' animal counterpart?"

The pomeranian yips in response, sniffing the ground before making a run for it.

"Follow." Icarus tells the group before flying to catch up with Puffball.

"You heard the parrot, let's go!" Remus pulls Janus along with him as they begin following the parrot and pomeranian, the others not far behind.

After 10 minutes of running, Puffball stops to sniff the air. He tilts his head in confusion, then turns to Icarus as if asking for help. The parrot understood and begins to survey the area around them.

Lady and Storm share a look before joining their fellow animal counterparts.

The Sides were too enthralled to do anything else but watch them.

So that gave a certain raccoon enough time to come out of his hiding place and reach out for the closest thing he could steal.

That being a lying trait's hat.

Sylvia saw it be taken, actually.

But instead of informing her owner or the others, she settles to stay silent, as the raccoon had gestured for her to keep quiet.

When Icarus lands on the ground by his fellow companions, he squawks towards Janus, who finally notices the lack of warmth on his head.

"Thief! Thief!"

Everyone spots the raccoon right away.

And of course it had to put up a chase.

"Ughhh, too much physical activity!" Virgil groans and let's himself slump against the creative Side.

"Let's leave it to the Sideskicks." Patton giggles as he and his fellow Sides watch a dog, cat, fennec fox, and parrot chase after a raccoon with a bowler hat.

It wasn't long before Storm, Lady, and Puffball catch up to the raccoon and manage to tackle it to the ground.

Thankfully, Icarus swoops down just in time to catch the bowler hat before it could hit the ground and get dirt on it.

"That whole thing looked like a scene from a Disney movie." Virgil comments.

Icarus returns Janus' hat before rejoining with his fellow companions, circling the grumpy raccoon who had his arms crossed.

"You're a little troublemaker, aren'tcha?" Remus says while kneeling down next to the animals.

The raccoon perks up at seeing the Duke, and doesn't hesitate to tackle him in a hug, resulting in a rain of sparkles as the last necklace bursts.

"Meet my partner in crime, Bandit."

-------

So yeah!

That's all I've written for this AU so far.

I did plan to write more but I ended up abandoning it instead lolz.

However!

I do want to write down the scenarios I have planned like:

- Lady and Storm teaming together to set up their owners

And

- The Great Crofter's Heist

Let me know if y'all want to read those cuz I'll defo write them haha