2 - A Puff and a Pop (Sanders Sideskicks AU)

Patton stares down at the glowing necklace around his neck once he stopped to take in his surroundings.

He finds himself stood in front of a wide clearing. In the distance, he could see a field of pretty orange flowers. Poppies to be exact.

The cardigan clad personality facet jogs over to the field, enjoying the wonderful breeze and sunlight being produced by the Imagination.

Halting just a few feet away from the patches of poppies, Patton hears a sudden yip come from the field and a glimpse of a cream-colored tail. Smiling excitedly, he calls out in a soft but friendly tone, "Hello? Is that you, little counterpart?"

If Logan were with him, he would say how pointless it would be for him to call out to an animal who wouldn't be able to answer him back.

Boy, did he wish Logan were here, because not a second later, he's answered by a high-pitched bark and rushed movement.

Not wanting to scare off the little fella coming towards him, Patton gets down on his knees and awaits for the pup to approach him on its own accord.

He surely wasn't expecting it to tackle him with kisses (well, more like licks), but who is he to decline such a joyful greeting?

"Oh my- ahahaha, gosh!" The fatherly figure giggles and carefully pulls the little ball of fur away from his face to get a better look at it. He's met with a very hyper Pomeranian with its tail wagging behind it from side to side, clearly as overjoyed as the Moral Side to have finally found each other.

"Well aren't you just the cutest thing?" Patton gushes, earning a little yip from the ball of fluff staring up at him.

The cuteness was unbearable.

Patton brought the Pomeranian towards him again in a warm embrace, just as the necklace explodes and surrounds them both in a bright light, leaving behind a trail of light blue glitter dancing around them.

"Hmm, I'm going to name you... Puffball!"

A bark of affirmation confirms the name of the little animal counterpart.

2 down. 4 to go.