4 - A Bird's Brain (Sanders Sideskicks AU)

Logan, frankly, was getting real tired of aimlessly walking in the Imagination.

He didn't quite know it as well as Roman does, so he might as well be lost– if not for the necklace around his neck. The glowing orb seems to be an indicator that his companion was close.

Glancing around, he spots a small village not that far from the forest he's currently in.

"Berries."

A voice says from behind Logan, emitting a surprised yelp from the logical Side as he whips around to look for the source of the voice.

"Hello? Is anyone out there?"

No response.

Weird. Logan thought. He could have sworn he had heard something.

"-that's why the people of this world... believe in: Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl, and Steven!"

A different voice comes into hearing rage.

Turning back around, Logan is met with the presence of none other than Emile Picani, Thomas' therapist character in one of his YouTube series called Cartoon Therapy.

"Why, what a pleasant surprise! Hello there, stranger! Do you how do?" The character grins at him with so much enthusiasm, he could actually rival Patton's overly sunny disposition.

Not that there was anything wrong with that. He loves that about Patton.

He loves Patton.

Wait, what is he thinking?

The logical Side shakes his head lightly to clear his own thoughts, then outstretches a hand for the other to take.

"Uh... Salutations, Emile."

The therapist gasps in disbelief.

"You know me?!"

"Er, yes? Why wouldn't I?" Logan was visibly confused.

After a quick once over, Emile finally realizes who he's talking to.

"Oh! You're Thomas' logical Side! Roman has mentioned you and the others before, but since you lot don't usually visit here, I couldn't exactly recognize you right away." The therapist explains.

"Ah, I see. Well, it is nice to formally meet you, Emile. I'm Logan."

Emile giddily shakes the other's hand.

"Hiya, Logan! Do you how do?"

"I- well, I'm doing fine."

"Good to hear!"

Logan then remembers why he's there and decides to ask Emile if he happened to see a bird anywhere.

"A bird? What kind?"

Oh shoot.

"Er... I'm not actually sure– "

"Berries."

Emile lets out a high pitched shriek as the voice Logan had heard a few minutes prior spoke once more.

But this time, he knew where it came from.

Perched on a low branch right behind Emile was a gray parrot.

"Goodness gracious, you gave me quite the scare, little fella." The therapist laughs it off.

"Apologies."

Both Emile and Logan freeze.

Did it just apologize for scaring Emile?

"Uh... Apology accepted, I guess...?"

"Satisfactory."

A smile creeps up on Emile's face at the sudden thought in his mind.

"Oh my gosh, you're like Iago from Aladdin!"

"Falsehood."

Okay.

Logan might have been hesitant about the idea of having little animal counterparts before.

But now...

Nope.

"You're extraordinary." The logical Side breathes out in awe as he approaches the intelligent creature.

They meet eyes.

The necklace bursts.

And Logan smiles as the gray parrot perches itself on his shoulder.

"Berries?"

"Oh hey!" Emile perks up, "I was just headed to a berry patch before I bumped into you. Want to come with?"

His animal counterpart stares at him expectantly.

Logan nods and let's out a small chuckle when the gray parrot squawks happily.

"Icarus and I would love to join you."

Sanders Sides AU One-Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें