5 - Snake on the Stone (Sanders Sideskicks AU)

Janus huffs in annoyance after yet again tripping on another root in the ground.

"I hate thissss." He grumbles, and decides to take a break from his search.

Scanning the area, he walks over to a pile of giant stones and lays down on one of them, placing his hat above his head as he sighs in content at the warmth the stone emitted.

He felt so warm and cozy in his spot, he doesn't notice the small snake that was slithering into his hat while he slowly dozes off into a peaceful sleep.

"Hey Deeeeee!" A voice greets loudly, startling Janus awake.

"Remus?" The lying trait stares at the other in confusion, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I just finished getting rid of the Night Terrors in my side of the Imagination, so I thought, 'Hey! Why not see if I could catch up on the famILY picnic?'." The Duke giggles and lays down next to his friend, "But since I found you here, I'm guessing you lot already finished?"

"Er... Not exactly."

Janus explains the event that had happened almost an hour ago, as well as about the necklaces and animal counterparts.

Remus' mouth forms an 'o' at hearing the information, "So that's why I have this." The Duke pulls out a necklace from his pocket, the green orb slightly shining in the sunlight.

"It'll help you find your animal counterpart."

"Ooh, okay. Does yours have a name?"

Janus quirks a brow at the question.

"I haven't found mine yet."

"Hmm, are you sure about that?" Remus points at something above the other's head.

When Janus looks up, he finds a little banana ball python poking its head out from inside his hat.

"Why, hello there."

The lying trait's necklace bursts, emitting a small laugh from Janus when his animal counterpart slithers up to him and boops their noses together.

Remus cooes out loud.

"Well then. Remus, meet Sylvia."