➤𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 6

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

𝘗𝘓𝘈𝘠𝘐𝘕𝘎: [𝘜𝘕𝘌 𝘉𝘈𝘙𝘘𝘜𝘌 𝘚𝘜𝘙 𝘓'𝘖𝘊𝘌𝘈𝘕] - [𝘈𝘕𝘋𝘙É 𝘓𝘈𝘗𝘓𝘈𝘕𝘛𝘌]

1:35 ──────ㅇ───────── 3:47
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

'Swallowing the darkness is the only way you can taste the light.'

That's what the young boy had always told her. She had always wondered where he had found that phrase.

He had always preferred thunder over the light, bitter cranberries over the sweet taste of strawberries and apples.

Where would he hear such beautiful words?

Sometimes she could hear his cries of help and screams but he would push himself away, drowning himself into the abyss of veins and sins.

He claimed that he could paint constellations on her palms like an angel who overdosed on fantasies and moon dust.

She waited for Michelangelo to carve his hands which were sculpted by the Gods, liquid gold dripping into the cracks of ribs and bones.

They sat in a field, the wind circling them. The bittersweet brightness of the sun spraying its light onto them.

Sitting underneath a plum tree, their hands intertwined, he studied the creases on her palms and the cuts on her fingertips.

They were only children yet they believed that they had been blessed by Euphrosyne herself.

How naive were they?

Living like two open souls in the graveyard of broken hopes and dreams.

Would they have to dive in one day? falling into its eternal embrace.

"You're growing so old now." The young boy stated while giggling.

She pouted at his comment and retreated her hand.

"I'm not growing old."

"I never said it was a bad thing."

The children then sat in silence eating slices of a chocolate cake. The sweet sounds of humming occasionally bubbled out of the girl's throat.

"I got you a present." The young boy's cheeks tinted with a soft pink as he kept his gaze on the leaves on the tree.

"You didn't need to get me anything."

"Of course I did, it's your birthday." The boy scrummaged into his pockets and took out a small velvet bag and grabbed the girl's hand and placed it carefully into her palm.

He looked down at the grass, the tips of his ears already stained red.

She carefully opened the bag and took out a silver anklet, her eyes widened. She had never received such a heartwarming gift before.

She gazed at it with pure happiness, the pendant was a small starfish, starfishes were her favorite.

She felt warm tears brim at the corner of her eyes and lunged herself forward onto the boy. Hugging him tightly. Now his whole face was red and he held in a smile.

"Thank you so much!"

"I got one too so we could match."