Big Day

Today was the day. As we made our way back home, I couldn't keep the big grin off my face. I was ecstatic.

"You ready man?" Emmett asked in his gruff tone as we entered the big house. A sweet intoxicating aroma filled the space as the scents of perfectly picked flowers swirled together in the air. I could identify each scent individually: orange blossoms, lilac, roses and freesia. I had to say it, Alice had done well. My home was no longer a neutral coloured house for seven vampire, it was an idyllic fairytale scene. Garlands of white blossoms draped from the staircase and ceilings forming a graceful canopy above our heads. Alice had even found a way to utilise the lights from her graduation party, tiny twinkling fairy lights wound around the trees outside.

"Of course." I replied, I've been waiting a century to marry this girl, I added silently.

He's crazy. Emmett thought, he still found it hilarious that I ended up falling in love with a human.

"Edward!" Esme noticed we were back and quickly enveloped me in a big hug.

"Hey mom, " I whisper. She pulled away so she could look at my face, her warm topaz eyes echoed the happiness of her smile.

"I've been waiting for this day for so long. I'm so glad you found the person who makes you happy. You deserve it."

"Thank you." I told my mother.

"Come and help me with the decorations outside. Jasper, Emmett, you too."

We followed Esme outside, where the same white blossoms hung like vines from the trees, seeming so natural as if they'd grown that way. The isle was clearly marked with more white petals and at the end of it stood an arch overflowing with flowers and greenery. I stared at it, knowing that shortly that would be the spot where Bella and I would finally make our vow of forever.

Swiftly we helped Esme arrange the silk covered chairs into neat rows.

"You nervous?" Jasper asked jokingly.

"Were you nervous to marry Alice?" I thought back to Jasper and Alice's first wedding, it had only been vampires who attended. The Denali clan, Peter and Charlotte and my family. But Alice had of course gone all out, any excuse to throw a party.
Jasper knew as well as I did that any change for immortals was permanent. Vampires were frozen, not only in the physical sense, but in an emotional one too. Our development was frozen at the age we were turned. So anything as drastic and life altering as love, was something that stuck with us forever. I'd recon that the bond between two vampire mates may be the strongest of any species. So, no. I wasn't nervous to finally promise Bella forever, because there wasn't a single cell in my body that doubted my love for her. There would never be a day where I wouldn't want her.

"Fair point." Jasper and Alice's love was not the kind which relied on public displays of affection and proximity, but I knew from Jaspers mind that it was just as deep as mine and Bella's.

We finished setting up the chairs with ease at which point I thought it best to start getting ready.

"I'll see you in a bit." Esme told me as she brushed my arm. I didn't think I'd ever seen her so gleeful. I quickly gave my mother a kiss on the cheek and headed inside to change.

I hadn't had much say in my suit, or any of the wedding decisions really. Alice had chosen everything. Including the black trousers and blazer which I now wore. But one thing I had been able to decide on had been my tie. I worn a simple black cotton threaded tie, nothing special. Except what it meant to me. It had been the very tie my father had worn at his wedding. My human father. Though I didn't remember much of my mortal life, I do remember the immense love I had for both my parents. Wearing my father's tie today made it feel as though they could attend this day with me. Idly I wondered if they'd be proud of who I'd become. I shook the thought away, lets not go down that rabbit hole, I stared at myself in the mirror I fixing the tie into the perfect knot.

I wondered how Bella was doing. This fanfare of a wedding Alice had organised was the exact thing Bella was most frightened of.

I heard her heart beat hammering from Alice's bathroom. Was she okay? I nearly rushed over to check on her before Alice said "Deep breaths, Bella, And try to lower your heart rate. You're going to sweat your off your new face."

"I'll get right on that." Bella replied sarcastically. 

Ah. She was just nervous.

I heard Alice skip down the hall to her room as she went to get dressed. I could quickly sneak to see Bella, just for a moment, I suddenly thought. I missed her so much. It'd only been fourteen hours seen I had last been with her and yet I still craved her presence like an addict to heroine. No, keep it together Edward.

The next time I would see her she'd be walking down the isle, and that was a sight worth waiting for.