Bachelor Party

Watching Emmett hunt was like watching a shark attack, he ripped his prey to pieces in a much more savage manor than necessary. His once white shirt was now saturated crimson, with the blood of his prey. He was like a child that always missed his mouth. Emmett always took a thrill in hunting. To me it was more about feeding, nothing more. But it was nice to use my strength. Spending so much time in the human world, constantly making an effort to be so careful got boring very quickly. It was a relief to give up control for a little bit.

And part of me was glad my brothers had dragged me out tonight, the more well fed I was tonight, the longer I could go without feeding on my honeymoon.

Jasper kicked the now drained gazelle aside and strode over to me in one fluid motion.
"He's an animal" he laughed, referring to Emmett's less than graceful form of hunting.
"I just feel bad that we have to witness such a massacre." I joked.
Emmett grinned then, tossing the bears carcass aside.
"Hey, a man's gotta eat some how."

"You're an idiot Emmett." I said, shaking my head at him.

In his mind I saw what he was planning to do long before his body corresponded, he was trying to lunge at me in a fashion similar to that of a football player, but I quickly responded before he even had the chance to touch me. I swept my leg behind his, flooring him in an instant. He fell to the ground with a hard thud.

Jasper and I laughed at Emmett's feeble attempt to fight me, he never stood a chance. The sound of our laughter echoed through the forest and bounced off the near by mountains.

"Cheat." Emmett muttered under his breath. Any other person would have given up long ago when they realised I was able to read their thoughts and thus anticipate their moves, but not Emmett. He was determined to rough house with me any chance he got, and every time I would win.

I hope Bella kicks your ass once she's one of us.

Emmett's visions of a pale white Bella, dampened my good mood quickly. My face fell as I stared at the ground.

Jasper easily sensed my shift in mood.

"Edward, what's up?"

Emmett sprung from the ground then, he looked around quickly, eager to find any source that may have upset me. He found nothing out of the ordinary.

"It's nothing." I reassured them, but they both stared at me unconvinced, concern painted across their stone faces.

I let out a deep sigh, "It's Bella." I confessed.

He really ought to get a new hobby, all he does is worry about her. Emmett thought. "Edward, she's fine. She's at home. You'll see her tomorrow." He told me.

"No it's not that. It's after tomorrow that I'm worried about. Am I making the right choice? Taking her life away from her like this."

"If it's what she wants, then where's the harm in it." Jasper had never understood why I had such a hard time accepting the option of vampirism for Bella. Just because he felt my emotions didn't mean he understood the thoughts behind them.

"There's plenty of harm in it Jazz. Don't you see? I'm taking her whole future away from her."

It was Emmett who spoke this time. "Edward, you are her future. You tried to leave her once right. Look  at what that did to her, what it did to you." I refused to think back to that time, it was too painful to even think about. "Do you really think there'll ever be a time where Bella won't want you. If you're planning on being with her forever, it makes sense that both of you are immortal." Emmett explained easily. He had a point. Bella herself had told me that she would always want me, that I was her future.