Wedding

I stood at the altar, awaiting my bride. Carlisle standing wordlessly at my side.

I'd thought of this day for since the moment I decided to propose to Bella, at the time I knew it would be the happiest moment of my life. And it was. The pure glee I felt right now was like nothing I'd felt in my entire existence.

I'm proud of you son. Carlisle thought.

I smiled back at him, he had stood by me through everything, but especially through my relationship with Bella. His faith in me had never once wavered. I owned him everything.

The music began then, Rosalie's sure fingers brush across the keys with elegance as she played the traditional wedding symphony, played for so many couples, but never one like Bella and I. Our guests arose from their chairs as they looked down the isle, waiting for the beautiful bride.

Alice breezed down the isle first, her steps were so graceful and light it almost appeared as though she were gliding across the floor.

Then Bella's cue began.

"Don't let me fall Dad." I heard her whisper to her father as she began her decent down the stairs. Her steps were slow and not in time to the music, though I could tell she was trying. Once on the flat ground I finally saw her, and she saw me. I broke into a huge smile which covered my whole face. She looked absolutely beautiful, no words could describe how utterly amazing she was. She was heart-breaking and I was entirely speechless. Her dark hair had been braided back, exposing her thin heart shaped face. Her chestnut brown eyes, framed with rows of long thick lashes. Her plump lips parted slightly as she breathed unevenly.

Alice had been very careful not to show me any images of Bella in her dress, it had annoyed me at the time but now I was glad she had kept it from me. Nothing could have compared the shock and awe I was in when I saw Bella in her beautiful gown. The ivory silk material clung to her figure, accentuating her delicate curves. As she walked the trail of her dress fanned out behind her like an inverted calla lily.

The crowd began to murmur as she began down the isle. Commenting how beautiful she was, no doubt, there were in the presence of an angel after all.

Her heart thumped loudly in her chest, blood rushed to her face turning her skin a delicious blush colour, she hated the attention. Her eyes did not stray from mine and I was glad of it, our gazes were locked as she made her way towards me. Though she had been reluctant to do this, I could see in her eyes she was just as happy to be here as I was. This was truly the happiest day of our lives.

At last she arrived at the altar and Charlie placed her warm soft hand in mine. Charlie gave me a brief nod which I returned. I hoped he could see the pure joy in my eyes and how no one would ever love his daughter more than I.

Mr Weber began to speak the traditional sacred words that would bind Bella and I forever.

"I Edward Cullen, take you Isabella Swan" I repeated after him. "To be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold for better or for worse," though these words had been spoken by millions of couples for centuries, I felt more weight to them than I ever knew words could posses. These were more than vows to me, more than a promise. There were a devotion. I was devoting my mind, body and soul to Bella, I would spend the rest of forever worshiping her and thanking the gods that she was in my life. "for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward. As long as we both shall live."

I smiled triumphantly as Bella spoke her vows to me, knowing I was winning the biggest prize in the universe.

Before I knew it, it was time for the binding words.

Bella began to cry then, tears spilling down her face. My beautiful Isabella.

"I do." she chocked out between her sobs. Her voice was only a whisper, human ears across the room probably didn't catch her words. But to me they were louder then if she'd screamed them, because they meant forever.

"I do." I vowed. I would have cried too, if such a thing were possible.

And with those words, Mr Weber declared us husband and wife.

I took Bella's face between my hands and looked into her chocolate brown eyes. Slowly I brought my lips to hers, all the while reminding myself I had to be careful. I poured my heart and soul into the kiss, reminding her with each touch that she was loved and adored. She was my oxygen. My reason for existing.

I heard Emmett and several other guests clear their throat as mine and Bella's lips stayed interlocked. I knew it was time to end the kiss, though it went against every instinct.

I pulled away and stared at Bella, My wife.