Gesture

"Can I have this dance?" I asked my mother, flashing her a crocked smile.

"Of course, Edward."

I led Esme out to the dance floor, putting my hand on her waist we began twirling in time to the music.

"I'm so glad you've finally found her." Esme told me, she was so gleeful today. Though she'd never admitted it aloud to me, she had always worried about me. Worried that maybe I was too young when Carlisle turned me, that I would never find someone to love. But today had gone against her fears as she could finally see me happy after so long.

"Me too."

And she such a wonderful girl, so beautiful and brave, she's just the person he needs to challenge him.

"I couldn't agree with you more." I answered her thought. "Thank you again for loaning us the Island."  Bella didn't know yet, but I had planned our honeymoon to take place on the small Island of Isle Esme, just off the coast of Rio. It was a gift from Carlisle to Esme, and she had gladly decided to loan it to us for a few weeks. I was sure Bella would love it. The hot climate would also help with the...er...post marital things.

"Of course, I do hope you enjoy it." she smiled up at me sweetly.

"Absolutely." The music shifted and I kissed my mother tenderly on the cheek as I moved over to Alice for my next dance.

It felt as though I dance with every girl there, when all I wanted was to have Bella back in my arms. I was glad when it came time for me to cut Mike Newtons dance short.

"Still not a fan of Mike, eh?" Bella asked as I drew her close to me.

"Not when I have to listen to his thoughts. He's lucky I didn't kick him out. Or worse." violent images flashed through my mind of all the ways I could make Newton suffer. I shook them away quickly, not letting him ruin my happy mood.

"Yeah right." Bella said disbelievingly. How did she not she how utterly breathe taking she was.

"Have you had a chance to look at yourself?"

"Um. No, I guess not. Why?" What! How had Alice been in charge of this whole wedding and yet she had neglected to make Bella see how extraordinary she looked. I was going to have to have a chat with her.

"Then I suppose you don't realize how utterly, heart-breakingly beautiful you are tonight. I'm not surprised Mikes having difficulty with improper thoughts about a married woman. I am disappointed that Alice didn't make sure you were forced to look in a mirror."

"You are very biased, you know." She said brushing off my compliments. I signed, when would she every seen herself clearly?

I turned her around facing the house. The back glass panel acted as a mirror as our reflections stared back at us.

"Biased, am I?"

She stared at her own reflection, her soft lips parted slightly. She too seemed shock by the beauty she possessed tonight.

God it reeks, how may leeches are here?

Jacobs thoughts shocked me, I froze. What did he want?

Erm. Edward? God I feel stupid. Edward, I'm just here to see her. I'm not hear to start a fight. I just want to see her.

Can he even hear me...?

"Oh." I said, relaxing my stance. I was glad for Jacob Black in that moment because I knew Bella's special day wouldn't be whole without everyone she loved attending. I smiled widely, eager to share the surprise with her.