Reception

It was just twilight as the wedding smoothly transitioned into the reception. I remembered a comment I'd made to Bella a while ago, about twilight being the saddest time for vampires, how I hated to see the day close. But I wasn't sad anymore. Because it didn't matter how many days went by, Bella would always be there.

We were passed from person to person as each of them congratulated us, I was sure never to break my hold on Bella as she received hugs from our guests. I was glad Bella had so many non vampire friends attending, like her human friends from the Forks High School but also Seth Clearwater and Billy Black, though it wasn't as good as her closest friend Jacob being here, it was as close as we were going to get. 

"Its good to see things work out for you, man." Seth said, " I'm happy for you." I was glad to see that the friendship Seth and I had formed when we joined alliances against the newborns, had lasted. Although our species were natural enemies, Seth had been nothing but accepting of me and my family. His words had no bitterness to them.

"Thank you Seth, that means a lot to me." I replied. I pulled away from his embrace so I could speak directly to Billy Black. Billy had tried to warn Bella about me and often condoned our relationship, but his presence here tonight felt like I might finally have his blessing. Which was something I greatly respected, he was admiral man after all.

"Thank you, as well. For letting Seth come. For supporting Bella today."

"You're welcome." Billy replied in his deep voice.

He's not too bad for a cold one, I trust he'll take care of Bella. Billy thought.

Soon my extended family, the Denali's came to introduces themselves to Bella.

Tanya greeted us first as she took me in her arms. "Ah Edward, I've missed you." I felt Bella stiffen by my side, I'd told her of the feelings Tanya had had for me in the past and they made her feel insecure, if only she knew. No woman could ever hope to encaptivate my mind the ways she does.

Mmm... he smells good. No stop it Tanya! He's married.

I laughed lightly as I wiggled my way out of her hug. I pretended as though I hadn't heard her last thought.

"Its been too long, Tanya. You look well."

"So do you." he looks very good...

I was eager to draw her thoughts away from me. I gestured over to Bella beside me, "Let me introduce you to my wife." it was the first time I'd had the privilege of calling Bella my wife, and I loved the way it sounded. It suited her immensely as though the word itself were designed for her.

My cousins gave a light laugh, they were excited to finally meet her.

"Tanya, this is Bella."

"Welcome to the family, Bella." Tanya smiled " We consider ourselves Carlisle's extended family, and I am sorry about the er, recent incident when we did not behave as such. We should have met sooner. Can you forgive us?" I wasn't sure it was something I could ever forgive, they'd blindly turned away when both Bella and my families life were at risk, but Bella, being the forgiving person she was brushed it under the rug instantly.

"Of course. Its nice to meet you." 

We under went the usual wedding traditions, cutting a slice of the grand three tier cake, Bella had laughed immensely when it came time for me to shove the cake in her face. And she'd watched bug-eyed as I ruefully managed to swallow a whole portion.

Though one of my personal highlights of the evening was removing Bella's gather. Using just my teeth I very carefully shimmied the lacey fabric down to her ankle. I looked up at her blood red face. She was mortified as Emmett and Jasper howled with laughter, it only made her blush deeper. I winked at her briefly and flung it straight into Mike Newtons face.

Score! That will serve him right. Since he'd first laid eyes on Bella today, he'd thought of nothing but inappropriate images of him and Bella, most of which he had her unclothed. Had he no respect at all? Thinking such thing about a married woman.

When the music began I pulled Bella onto the dance floor with me, there was a time where she would have thrown a fit at me making her dance in front of so many people, but today she came willingly. I pulled her body close to mine as I led our first dance together as husband and wife. I was ecstatic in that moment.

"Enjoying the party. Mrs. Cullen?" I whispered in her ear, gloating at my joy of her new name.

Bella laughed "That will take a while to get used to."

I flashed her her favourite smile and heard the slight hiccup in her heartbeat as I did so. "We have a while." Forever. Cameras clicked greedily as I leaned in to kiss Bella tenderly.

We had forever together but I didn't want this moment to end. Since the start of mine and Bella's relationship, it had been a constant battle to be together. Every triumph was met with a new obstacle. But right now, in that moment of bliss, everything was perfect.