Worries

Bella and I returned to the reception, no one had noticed our absence. Only the sensitive ears of the vampires had heard the events that transpired.

Edward! What happened? Is Bella alright. Jasper thought frantically.

Need me to go kick some wolf-ass? Of course Emmett was geared up for violence.

I shot them both a reassured look. I lead Bella back to the huge tent and onto the dance floor, we'd had enough interruptions to our night. I just wanted to get back to having a good time with her.

"Are you-"

"I'm fine." Bella cut me off, answering the question automatically, a reflex. "I can't believe I did that. What's wrong with me?"

I hated to see her beat herself up so much, how easily she shuddered the blame for my mistake. Jacob had been right. What was I thinking...

"It's over. Lets not think of it." Bella continued. I only half listened to her words. I was too lost in a spiral of my own thoughts.

I was a monster for having agreed to do this. I was a vampire for crying out loud, thousands of times stronger than her. It was too dangerous.

"Edward?" her voice was anxious. I sighed and closed my eyes, touching my forehead to hers.

"Jacob is right. What am I thinking." I whispered.

"He is not." she demanded, a tone of anger in her voice. "Jacob is way too prejudice to see anything clearly." I stopped paying attention to her again. She didn't understand, she was sure that this would work. That I couldn't possibly hurt her. She had more faith in me than I deserved.

"I should let him kill me for even thinking..." I muttered, probably too low for her human ears to pick up.

"Stop it!" she demanded fiercely. She took my face between her hands but she did not speak. I opened my eyes and looked at her.

"You and me. That's the only thing that matters. The only thing you're allowed to think about now. Do you hear me?" Her voice was strong as she held her ground.

I sighed. I'd promised her. And she seemed intent on getting her way.

"Yes."
"Forget Jacob came. For me. Promise that you'll let this go."
I stared into her hazy brown eyes, seeing my own face reflected back at me like an echo. In them a saw two men. One who was incredibly strong, the strongest creature in the planet, tough enough to break boulders. And the other... a weak fragile man. His will power weaker than a single thread.
Bella's happiness was what was most important right now, she wanted me to promise, 'for me' she'd said. And that was where she had me. I would do anything for her.
"I promise." I vowed.
"Thank you Edward." She breathed. She lifted her chin slightly "I'm not afraid." She declared fearlessly.
"I am" I admitted. How could I not be? I was afraid for so many reasons. Not only was this uncharted territory for us, but also it ran the risk of killing her.
"Don't be." She said simply. She took as deep steadying breath and smiled. "By the way, I love you."
My heart melted slightly at her words and I couldn't help but relax a little. The corners of my mouth pulled up.

"That's why we're here."
"You're monopolising the bride." Emmett said, coming up behind me. "Let me have this dance with my little sister. This could be the last chance I have to make her blush." His booming laugh filled the space, he was completely oblivious to the serious tone of mine and Bella's conversation.
I planted a kiss on Bella's forehead and handed her over to Emmett, I had to see Alice anyways.

Alice was sat alone at one of the small tables, around the dance floor. She probably knew I was about to come talk to her.
"Alice." I said as I took the chair across from her.
You want to know what will happen on your honeymoon right?
I nodded.
I see two futures... see...
Alice showed me two possible scenarios. One had me and Bella wrapped around each other, smiling. That was the strongest future. The second, although very weak, was still a possibility. It was a vision which greatly resembled Jacob Blacks violent images he'd conjured up.
"I'm almost ninety nine percent sure that Bella will make it through this alive. I have faith in you Edward."
"I don't." I muttered.
"Just think Edward. There was a time where you killing her was a very real possibility, but you changed it. You fought harder than anyone I've ever known to get the outcome you desired. If anyone can bend the fates, it you."
"You have too much faith in me Alice."
"My faith is well placed, I'm sure of it." I nodded Alice was right, I'd controlled myself before, the odds were in my favour this time.
"After all, you promised Bella." Alice added jokingly.
"Okay Alice, that's enough input in my sex life." I said smiling back at her.
"Hey, what are little sister for." She laughed.
"Thank you by the way. You really did great." She had, there was no denying it. Today had been the most beautiful and well planned out wedding.
You're welcome.
"Thanks for talking Bella into it." I laughed. Initially I had told Bella we would elope, knowing it was the easiest option for her. I hadn't know that I wanted a big wedding. But now having experienced it, I'm terribly gratefully that we had this experience, especially with my family.
No problem.

And with that I left Alice and went to claim back my bride. Taking her in my arms, I let go of the tension. The Jacob incident forgotten.

I tightened my grip on her as she laid her head against my hard cool chest. The smell of her hair filled my nose and for moment I was caught in a daze of her beautiful sweet scent. There had once been a time when being around Bella's scent was like self torture, my throat flamed with agony at her mouth watering perfume. But now it affected me differently, of course my throat still ached, I was still a deathly vampire, but I could truly appreciate her inviting fragrance now. There were so many layers too it, it was almost floral, like lavender or freesia.

"I could get used to this." she breathed, her words brought me back to the present.

"Don't tell me you've gotten over you're dancing issues?"

"Dancing isn't so bad- with you. But I was thinking more of this-" she pressed herself to me even tighter. "Of never having to let you go." I liked that idea too.

"Never." I promised as a I leaned in to kiss her. My lips brushed against hers slow and soft like a whisper. I heard my sister's approach footsteps, but they did nothing to make me break away from Bella. Our lips continued their dance.

"Bella! It's time." I ignored her and only kissed Bella's for fiercely now.

"Do you want to miss your plane?" Alice demanded. My little sister was starting to irritate me. "I'm sure you'll have a lovely honeymoon camped out in the airport waiting for another flight."

I pulled away from Bella slightly. "Go away, Alice." I murmured and quickly returned my lips to Bella's. "Bella, do you want to wear that dress on the airplane?" I was glad Bella seemed just as reluctant to break apart as I did.

Alice growled quietly, "I'll tell her where you're taking her, Edward. So help me, I will."

Do you want me to ruin the surprise because I will. I've timed everything out too perfectly for you to interfere.  

Ugh.

I froze and reluctantly pulled away from Bella to stare down at my sister. "You're awfully small to be so hugely irrigating."

"I didn't pick the perfect going-away dress to have it wasted." She snapped at me as she took Bella hand. " Come with me, Bella." she said.

Bella fought against Alice's tugging although if Alice had wanted to, she definitely could have made Bella move. Bella stretched up on her tip toes and planted one final kiss on my lips, much to the humour of our watching guests. Then she turned away and let Alice lead her off.