Awkward

I walk upstairs to the great room

I walk upstairs to the great room. Everyone looks over at me. Daphne looks so smug. I sit across from Alexander and sadly next to Maxon. "Hey, darling, " Maxon says. "Hello, " I say. I eat my food quietly. Once I finish I excuse myself. "Oh, I'm coming, "Maxon says. "I have work to do, " I snip. Alexander looks upset. I go downstairs and I start working on a dress even though I don't have to make any yet. A half an hour later someone opens the door. "Hey, " Maxon says. "Hey, " I say not looking up from my work. "I thought you finished all of your work, " Maxon inquires. "I'm getting ahead, " I say sadly. "Oh." "America I need to tell you something, " he starts. I look up from my work. "That you kissed Daphne...I know, " I shrug. "Okay well first off I didn't kiss her...she kissed me and I pushed her off after one disgusting moment!" he defends. "And wait how did you know?" he asks. "Maxon I saw that disgusting moment when y'all were kissing and I left, " I explain. "Why didn't you say anything?" he asks. "I wanted to know if you would tell me or not, " I confess. He nods. My eyes unwilling well up. "I'm sorry America, " he says his eyes welling up. Maxon steps out of the room for a moment and a minute later a guard comes back with a jump drive. He plugs it into the tv that I'm allowed to watch reports on. A video of it comes on the screen. Daphne forces herself on Maxon and kisses him and he pushes her off. I really was only there for a split second. Maxon wiped his lips off. He yells at Daphne a bit. The video comes to an end. Maxon stares at me. I walk over to him. "Did you wash your mouth like you said you would?" I ask. He nods. A tear falls down his cheek. I wipe the tear off of his face. I kiss him. It wasn't his fault. I whisper a centimeter away from his lips, "I forgive you." He lets out a sigh of relief. I smell soap and toothpaste. "And you do smell like soap, " I whisper. He laughs and hugs me. "I love you, " he whispers. "I love you too, " I whisper back. "When is Daphne leaving?" I ask. "As soon as possible, " Maxon says. "Good, " I laugh. He holds my hand and we go up to his room.
To be continued...

I'm sorry this was so short bit promise the next will hopefully be longer! Let me know what you thought in the comments and please vote! Love y'all 💖