Oh my!

It's late at night but I couldn't sleep so I decided to take a stroll around the palace. I stop in front of Clarkson's office when I hear a weird noise. Right there is him caning his son! Oh my gosh! I just stand there in shock. Clarkson stops and says something to Maxon. Maxon struggles to get his shirt and suit jacket on. Clarkson walks out of my view. Maxon walks my way and I move to the right so I don't freak him out. "America?" Maxon whispers. "Maxon?" I whisper sadly. "Did you-" he starts. I nod. For some reason my eyes well up. "Are you okay?" I ask. He nods. "Why did he?" I ask. "Whenever I do something that he doesn't like that's what happens it's just I don't know what I did, " he says. "Do you have the stuff to help with your cuts?" I ask. "In my room, " he says. I follow him to his room. We walk in and sit on the bench in front of his bed. I help him with his suit jacket and Jeremy comes over to take it from me so he can wash it. He hands me a metal box. I peel off his blood-soaked shirt and hand it to Jeremy. He tenses up when I put the ointment on. "Sorry, " I whisper. " It's not your fault, " he says. I finish bandaging his back and Jeremy brings him a t-shirt. "Thank you America...and this is a secret that will go to your grave okay?" he says. "Of course your highness, " I say walking out of the room and closing the door behind me.
Maxon's POV...
"You like her, " Jeremy says. "What!" I exclaim. "You like America, " Jeremy says. "Why would you think that?" I ask. "Well let's see you brought her lunch. You brought her down to the safe room. You're much happier when she's around...shall I continue?" Jeremy says. "Fine, you got me. I do like her, " I confess. "I knew it, " Jeremy says. I just roll my eyes. "She likes you too, " Jeremy says. "And how do you figure that genius?" "Wellllll she doesn't tell most people her family situation and Aspen and all...and yes I hear everything...and she wouldn't have stayed to help you if she didn't, "he spills. "I don't know about that Jeremy, " I say.
The next afternoon in America's POV...
The German royal family arrived two hours ago. King Albert, Queen Anna(pronounced like Elsa and Anna), and Prince Alexander. I go to each of their rooms to see if everything fits okay. "Your Highness, " I say when Alexander opens his door. "Hello, I was just making sure that everything fit okay?" I inquire. "Oh yes everything did...thank you, " Alexander says. "Okay great well I must go goodbye your highness, " I say walking away. I go down to the basement and I close the door to my workroom. Then a knock comes at the door. I go over to open it. It's Maxon. "Hey umm come on in, " I say. "Hey...so are you coming to the ball tomorrow to see all of your hard work being worn?" he asks. "I don't know if you've forgotten but I'm just an employee, " I laugh. "Well some guards will be there, " he says. "They will be guarding, " I laugh again. "Come please, " he begs. "Ummm I don't think the king would like that plus I don't have anything to wear, " I say looking down at the rags I'm wearing. "I'll handle my dad." "Can I bring my three best friends so I know someone?" I ask. "Of course, " he says. I'll bring Anne, Mary, and Lucy. "Wait we still don't have anything to wear, " I laugh. "Make some formal gowns for you four. It's okay trust me, " he says. "Are you sure?" I ask uneasily. "Positive." "Well I must go meet with the prince Goodbye, " he says. "Goodbye your highness and thank you, " I say. " It's Maxon and anytime, " he says closing the door behind him. I immediately get to work on the dresses.