Seamstress

America's POV...
I'm working on one of the queen's dresses. When I finish I grab a hanger that has her name on it and I put it in a garment bag. I take it and carry it upstairs. Someone walks out of a doorway and I accidentally bump into them. "Oh I'm so sorry your highness!" I exclaim. " It's quite alright it was my fault anyway, " he says. I try to bend down over the huge ball gown garment bag to pick up the velvet box that has the crown I made in it. He bends down and picks it up for me. "May I?" he asks gesturing for him to open it. "Of course, " I respond. " It's not my best work but it's something, " I say. He opens the box. " It's beautiful, "he says. "Thanks...anyways I should go your highness, " I say. "Wait what do you do here?" he asks. "I make all of the clothes and jewelry and shoes, " I say. "All of it?" he asks. "Yes... I have assistants that order what I need and they make the boxes and bags for me to put them in, " I say. "Maxon!" someone yells. "Oh it's my dad I better be off, " he says rushing off. I walk up to Queen Amberly's room. She is never in her room at this time which is why I go at this time. I knock on the door. Rosemary(one of her maids) opens the door. I bring them in and put them in her huge closet and crown vault. I go back down to the basement area and I grab the rolling rack of dresses with a shelf of jewelry and tiaras on top. I bring it up and knock on the door. I was expecting Rosemary to open it but Queen Amberly surprisingly opens it! I curtsy. She lets me in and I unbag the dresses and hang them up and I open the boxes and put the jewelry away. "Thank you, " the queen says. "Of course your majesty, " I say. "Before you go..." she says wanting to know my name. "America, " I say. "America, there will be a special ball when the king, queen, and prince from Germany get here. My son needs a fancier suit. Would you please measure him and make it please, " Queen Amberly says. "Of course, " I reply. " It's not for two months so you can start whenever you think you should, " she says. "The royal family of Germany will also be gifted with clothes. They will be sending their measurements today, " she says. I nod and curtsy. I grab the now empty rack and walk back down to the basement. I figured with having the royal family's to make as well as the prince's I should get his measurements now. I grab my tape measure and I walk up to his room and knock on the door. His butler opens it. "Hi America, how can I help you?" Jeremy asks. "I've been sent by the queen to create an upscale suite for Maxon and I need his measurements, " I say holding up the tape measure. "Now if he would like I can go get a male to do this since he has to be in his underwear and all...I'm only here because the Queen sent me, " I explain. Jeremy closes the door for a moment and he opens it once again. "His Highness said you could it's not a big deal." I nod. I walk inside and curtsy. This is going to be a little awkward. "Hello America, " he says. "Your Highness, " I nod. Jeremy leaves. "Call me Maxon, " he says. "Not allowed too," I say. He frowns. "So what do I need to do?" he asks. "I um need you to take your shirt off, " I stutter awkwardly. He nods and takes his suit jacket and shirt off. I wish I could just borrow one of his suits to make this off of but they aren't a perfect fit so... Surprisingly he's got a lot of muscle and he's very lean. He's got abs and his arms are amazing. I put one end of the tape measure on his shoulder and I hold it there with one hand and drag the tape measure down his chest. My fingers brush against his skin. This is so awkward and I'm not sure why. I write down that measurement and I go shoulder to shoulder next. I wrap it around his waist next. "So how long have you worked here?" he asks. "Three years, " I say. "Your family too?" he asks. "No my family is back in Carolina, " I say. "Oh." "Do you have any siblings?" he asks. "Yes the eldest is Kenna she is married and moved out and she's pregnant. Then you have Kota. He left us and is trying to work his way up in castes. Then there's me. Then my little sister, May. She looks exactly like me but our personalities couldn't be more different. Then my little brother Gerad. I was born a five but when this job came along I had to take it to help support my family. So I became a 6...legally, " I say. "Oh wow, " he says. "Yep." "Ok so I finished taking your shirt and jacket measurements so umm I need to take your pants measurements, " I say. I decided that I'll just figure but that his pants take up in the measurements. I don't want him to take his pants off and make this more awkward. "Do I need to-" he starts. I shake my head. "I'll figure it out, " I say. He nods. I take his pants measurements as fast as possible and write them down and I stand up. The rebel alarm goes off. I turn to run out of his room towards the staff safe rooms. He grabs my arm and pulls me down into the family one. "Your highness I'm not allowed down here! They won't let me in, " I say. "There's no time, " he insists. "Just tell them you have to ask me questions about clothes or something, " he instructs. "Okay." We finally get into the safe room and they luckily let me in. Prince Maxon pretends to talk about stuff about the clothes. I have quite a nice conversation with him. When the attack is finally over I got down to the basement and get started on his suite.
The next day...
I finished Maxon's suit and Amberly's dresses and King Clarkson's suit. I put the jewelry and crowns on the shelf on the clothing rack and I put Amberly's dresses on along with Clarkson's suit. I know they will fit them so I'll come back for Maxon's. I walk up to Amberly's room and knock on the door. Maxon opens the door. "Your Highness, " I say. "Hey, " he says with a smile. "Come on in, " he says. I roll the cart in and start to unbag the dresses. "Do you need any help?" he asks. I shake my head. "My mother is on a call with well I don't know who, " he says. I finish unbagging the dresses. "Those are beautiful, " he says. "I try my best, " I say. I hang the new dresses up and take the ones she had in the spot where she puts the ones I can take down to the basement and make into something new. I put the crowns and jewelry in place and take away the ones she doesn't want anymore. "So you make dresses for someone to wear a few times and then redo them?" he asks. "Exactly, " I say. "Goodbye your highness I say rolling the cart out of the room. I go to the basement and drop off the old dresses and jewelry and I head to Clarkson's room. One of his butlers(Max) opens the door. "Hey Max, " I say. "Back again Ames?" he asks. "Yep, " I nod. I unbag the suit and put it away. I go to Maxon's room hoping he's there now and I knock on the door. "Hey Jer, " I say when Jeremy opens the door. "Hello Ames, " he greets. "Is the prince here?" I ask. "He is, " Jeremy says letting me in and leaving. "Hello your highness, if you have a few minutes we need to make sure all is good with this, " I say. "I have as much time as you need, " he says. "Perfect, " I say unzipping the garment bag. I pull out the fancy outfit. "Here's the pants why don't you start with seeing if these work, " I suggest. He goes into the bathroom and when he comes back he's wearing the pants of course. "How do they feel?" I ask. "Perfect, " he says. "Can you sit in them?" I ask. He sits and stands back up. "Perfectly." "That's great, " I say. "Time for the top, " I say. He takes off his shirt and puts it on. I go over and adjust the collar and examine the sleeves. "So have you ever made anything for your boyfriend?" he asks. "No I haven't...i would need a boyfriend so I could do that, " I laugh a little. "Surprising, " he comments. "Why is that?" I ask. "Well you seem like such a wonderful girl and you're very beautiful it's just surprising that no guy has made moves. Oh, wait they haven't they? You're just too independent or just none of them catch your eye?" he guesses. "Well before I moved here I had a boyfriend. We were serious. He called me Mer. The only one to ever call me that. We planned on spending the rest of our lives together but he broke up with me because he hated the thought of him making me a 6. To where I was always hungry and tired and working and you know kids. I tried to convince him that it didn't matter but he was too stubborn. Plus his dad died so Aspen has to take care of his family, " I explain. "But now that you're a 6..." he starts. " It's hard to have a relationship when I'm here and he's in Carolina. Plus I have yet to forgive him, " I say. "Ahhh I see, " he says. I take out his crown from the box and place it on his head. "What do you think?" I ask gesturing towards the mirror. " It's perfect. Thank you, America, " he says gratefully. "Of course your highness, " I say starting to wheel the rack out of the room. "America-" he starts.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Let me know in the comments! Please comment and vote it makes my day especially when you follow me! Love y'all 💖