Carolina

I finish packing and we head off. Lucy is coming with us as well as Aspen, Carter, and a few other guards. "I wish you could've met my dad before he died, " I tell Maxon. "I've talked to him on the phone a couple of times, " he confesses. "Wait what?" "I'll explain another time but he's the only one that knew about us, " Maxon says. I nod.

I'm wearing a nice but pretty plain dress

I'm wearing a nice but pretty plain dress. We finally arrive in Carolina and we head to my house. "You know you can still go home if you want, " I offer. Maxon shakes his head. Aspen walks in right before I and Maxon is discussing a few things with one of the guards here outside so he will be inside in a few minutes. The other guards and Lucy come inside and close the door. "America!!" May yells running over to me. "I've missed you!" she exclaims. "And I've missed you I'm sorry I haven't visited there was no one else to do my job so I had to stay there, " I explain. "Aspen!" May exclaims hugging him next. The rest of my family comes running over. We have a big group hug (aspen included) it's missing my dad. Luckily my parents were able to visit me a few times so I got to see my dad within the there years. "Are you and Aspen dating!" May exclaims. "No we aren't. Aspen's a wonderful man but I have another boyfriend, " I confess. "Who is he?" my mother demands. "He will be in soon...he's taking care of a few things first, " I say. "I'm sure he's not as incredible as Aspen, " my mother says. "Thank you Mrs. Singer but I'm not quite sure about that, " Aspen says. She gives him a skeptical look. "What's with the bodyguards?" Kota snaps. "Well I'm from the palace I'm their designer so I'm a little important and these are my friends, " I say. "Aspen, Carter, Tanner, Brandon, and Tyler. Then that's Lucy one of my best friends. But anyway these people are like a second family of brothers and sisters, " I say. They smile. "Make that big brother we'll beat up anyone that hurts her, " Aspen says casually. "Anyone?" I ask. "Yes even your boyfriend, " Tanner laughs. "Oh but everyone this is my mother Magda, my older sister Kenna and her husband James and her daughter Astra. This is Kota my older brother, May my little sister, and Gerad my little brother, " I introduce. The door opens and Maxon and Tyler walk in. May squeals extremely loudly. I hug Maxon and he kisses my forehead. My mom gasps. So dramatic mom. "Your Highness!" my mom exclaims. "Please call me Maxon, " he says. "You're dating the prince?" Kenna asks. I nod. "Maxon this is my mother, Magda, my older sister Kenna, her husband James, and her daughter Astra. Then there is my older brother Kota, my younger high pitched squealing sister May, and my little brother Gerad. "Nice to meet you all, " Maxon says. My family, Lucy, Maxon, and I sit on the couches. "So Maxon how did my sister meet you!" May asks excitedly. "Well May your sister made me something to wear to a ball and that's how I met her, " Maxon explains. "So Maxon how did she get you to fall for her?" Kota asks in a rude voice. "Kota stop, " I say annoyed. "Why would I do that brat?" he asks. "Kota that's enough, " Mom insists. (yes guys the following will be very similar to the book) "Aspen get me a drink, " Kota demands shoving the cup in Aspen's hands. Aspen starts to walk away. Heck if he's doing this. "Aspen stop!" I demand. "What are you doing!" Kota exclaims. "Get your own drink, " I snap. "May I remind you that Aspen is a two which means he's higher than you so you should get him a drink, " I say standing up. "Now may I remind you...you're the lowest caste in the room!" he snaps. "I'm a 6," Lucy says. "Pipe down maid, " Kota says. "You can talk to me however you want but don't you ever talk to my friends like that!" I bark. "No he can't speak that way to you either darling, " Maxon says standing up. "Aspen put the cup down, " I say. He does. Kota slaps me. I'm furious. Aspen and Tanner pull him away. I nod at Aspen. He slaps him. " What're you thinking?" Aspen asks. "He wasn't, " I answer for Kota. "America are you okay, " Maxon asks. "Yes I'm fine, " I respond. "Your highness?" Tanner asks. "To his room, " Maxon orders. They bring Kota to his room. May is crying while Lucy comforts her. I go to walk to the old treehouse and Maxon grabs my arm. "America?" "Leave me alone please, " I say and I go outside. "Your highness?" I hear Aspen ask. Aspen follows me. I climb into the treehouse hoping he wouldn't follow. "Mer what's wrong?" he says standing on the ladder. "Kota, " I say. "Mer...you know you can't let what he says bother you, " he says. "I know, " I say. "Come back inside Mer, " he says. "Fine." He climbs down and then helps me down. We go back and I go to my old room to unpack. Maxon knocks on the open door. "Hey, " he says. "Hey." "Are you alright?" "No my dad is not here and Kota is just being Kota." He hugs me. "So is this the room where little America grew up?" he asks. "It is, " I nod. "And that's the same bed since I was born, " I say. I flop onto it. He sits down with me. "Dang this isn't the most comfortable, " he says surprised. "It went with the rest of my life, " I say closing the door. "As soon as I was of age to I was working and I didn't get to keep any of the money. Sometimes we would have to choose no electricity versus food. Christmas was very slim on presents if there were any, " I tell him. He looks upset. I finish unpacking and climb on the bed. He holds me close. A few minutes later a knock comes at the door. "Ugh, " I groan. We get up and I open the door. "Your mom wants everyone in the living room, " Tanner says. I nod. Maxon and I walk out to the living room. "We are going to spend some quality family time together, " my mom announces. "Doing what?" Gerad asks. "Games!" my mom exclaims. We play tons of games and then we all just chill.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter let me know in the comments! 💖