Pilot 《1》

"No Apa, tu te puedes ir. It's fine, you're going to leave me again anyway. Do you know how hard it was to see you again? You didn't care for me when I moved with mom! You made that completely clear," Janelle yells at her father as she walks over to the kitchen counter. She grabbed her keys and then headed to the coat rack near the front door to grab her black bomber jacket and her black purse. "So, if you'll excuse me, I have a game to get to!" Janelle walks out the door, slamming it on her way out.

The days have been like this ever since Janelle moved back in with her father, Chris. They had always been bickering about something. And now, Chris has to go back to San Francisco for Football. He told Janelle, which led to this argument here.

Chris had tried very hard to get his daughter's attention. First, it was giving her a car. Then he gave her a credit card with a very high maximum limit to spend. He provided her with open arms, but all she did was push him away. He knew that she would never forget what he did, but he had hoped she would forgive him, one day.

Chris pulls out his phone and dials a number. He was frustrated, and it showed by the way he was grabbing his chin while he put the phone to his ear. He let it ring out until he heard a voice on the other end.

"Hello!," a males voice broke out on the other end of the line.

"Hey Billy, It's me, Chris Davis. I am sorry that I have to call you for this, but can you do me a favor, please, it's important," he blurted out, sighing in relief as he heard his best friend's voice.

"Yea, yea, ask away," the man said as Chirs sits down on the dining room table. He was contemplating whether he should ask him, but he needed this as much as Janelle needed it.

《♡》

Janelle pulled up to a little neighborhood in Crenshaw. She had been wanting to visit the little house she called home, once upon a time, but she couldn't get away from her father's consistent demeanor as he tried to grab her attention.

She had remembered the house as if it was yesterday, she loved living here, even if her family couldn't provide everything they could now. She missed her father, she did. But, seeing him, live in luxury, while in Arizona, her mother had only managed to get a one-bedroom apartment since she had to find another job because she had left being an Attorney back when she lived in Crenshaw. She got her job back a year later, but they still lived in the tiny apartment, so Jessica could provide for Janelle's sports fees and gear while getting them their daily necessities.

Seeing her father just reminded her of her mother, and all the memories they made as a family, together. This brought up emotions that Janelle rarely felt. She felt guilt, that she couldn't spend more time with her mother as she could have wished she had. It was the feeling of regret for treating her mother the way she did, but none of that was going to bring her back.

So, when her father tries to speak to Janelle, she just pushes those words away as she walks away, trying to keep her feelings contained. She couldn't forgive her father for walking away so easily, at least not yet.

Just as she popped back into reality, she looks at the house one last time as she is about to pull out of the neighborhood to go and see the South Crenshaw football game. But, she sees a familiar face as they get to walk into the house next to her former house. She then remembers her old friend lived next door, and she was surprised to see her friend's mother still getting out of the same car, into the same house as she did years before.

The Davis girl gets the feeling she had to say 'Hi'. So she gets out of the car, making sure to take the keys out of the ignition, and locks the car on her way to the cozy adobe.