Pilot 《3》

Janelle was driving Spencer home. The car ride was filled with tension, so much so you could cut it with a knife. Spencer had hated the way Janelle spoke to him, but he also knew she was doing it for his good. He knew she was just being a friend to him, and he overreacted and took that anger out on Coach Baker.

Janelle had enough of the tension and decided to talk it out with him. "Look. Spencer. I know I may have said a little too much out on the field, but you need to know that these people are your new teammates. I'm your new teammate. I was trying to prevent you from making your new teammates hate you." Janelle said staring out at the road in front of her, her foot on the gas.

"I know what you were trying to do, Ells but I didn't ask for this. I didn't ask to move to Beverly or ask for your help. I'm doing this because of my brother, my mom's. I'm doing him for them, and my future. But, didn't I need it. I definitely didn't need you." Spencer says. Janelle kept quiet, hurt by his words, but didn't show it. Right there and then you pulled up to his house, giving Spencer enough to realize what he had said, as he got off the car.

"Look, Ells, I didn't-" Spencer was cut off.

"Whatever Spencer, everyone has made it clear they don't need me, ok. I just didn't think I'd hear it from you too." And with that Janelle sped off. Leaving Spencer stunned by her sudden tone.  He walks into his house, calling Coop.

《♡》

Billy Baker had walked into the living room, seeing his son play on his console. He greets his family that was in the kitchen then headed to greet his son.

"Hey. so it worked out too well with Spencer out there today, was it?" Billy crosses his arms across his chest watching the screen.

Jordan lets out dry chuckles and proceeds to say, " Yea, The new guy wasn't a team player, was he?" Jordan asked, still attentive to the game.

"He'll get there. How about Janelle, how do you think she was playing?" Billy asked Jordan, as he set his controller down on the coffee table.

"She was playing alright. She didn't pick a fight, played all the right plays, she was great." He admitted, hating every bit of it.

"Yea, she has one hell of an arm. Well, in the meantime, I need you to do me a solid," the Baker man said, changing the topic.

"Could you please take Spencer and Janelle under your wing I mean help them connect with some of the other fellas? Bring them into the fold?" The man told his son, begging for his response.

"Ok? What is up with you and these kids' dad? Why do you care so much?" Jordan asks with a hint of jealousy.

"By the Grace of God, Jordan, the way you live is really good. I come from their neighborhood. It's a tough go. There are a million ways you could go wrong. I mean, you have no idea what that's like."

"Guess I don't, yea. But doesn't  Janelle live here, in Beverly Hills, she doesn't have it all wrong?" Jordan asks his father craving for an answer. He knew she lived in Beverly Hills, but he didn't know why his father gave her a chance like this. She must live a nice life as well.

"Look Jordan, Janelle, came from the same place Spencer did, grew up with the same fear he did. She just got a way out, when her parents split. Father stayed behind and became a QuarterBack in the NFL, while she struggled with her mother, and she had to move back in with her father, here in Beverly Hills, after her mother died. Jordan, she may live here, but she is in the same boat as Spencer. She's trying to make a living off of the game she loves, so are you. Look, they both need a chance, and I'm asking you to give them one."

《♡》

J

anelle had been pretty annoyed with the fact her father was at interviews all day today. She hated the interactions she had with her father, but he didn't even make an effort to hang out with his daughter, get to know her. She just wasn't having it, so she went and bought herself a sick ass motorcycle, with the credit card he gave her. She just needed something to take her mind off of her problems. So she took it out for a spin to nd bought things to customize it.