California Love《2》

*Crenshaw,1990*

“Jess, Where are you going?!” Chris yelled as he chased after his girlfriend out the front door of his lonely house. His parents had just felt for vacation time, by themselves because Chris had football practices and games all week long. 

He and his girlfriend, Jessica, were at his house, watching movies on the couch. See, Jessica and Chris were lifelong best friends and thought they owed it to themselves to try to be something more, and thankfully, that worked.  

Though, he also knew her almost on a cellular level and knew her relations with the gang. Jessica had been a gangbanger since Freshman year at Crenshaw, and seeming as if they were now in their Junior’s in College, she had been in the gang for a while now. 

“I have to go, Drew is calling for a favor. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.” Jessica yells as she hopped in her 1979 beat-up. Black Camaro, and sped off. Jessica loved Chris, more than anyone in the world, and she never tried feeding him more information than needed. She wouldn’t know what to do if he got involved with the gang, or if something were to happen to him. She loved him, and would never let that happen. 

After that night, Jessica wasn’t the same as before. 

She had made many mistakes that night, leading to a turf war, that broke out in a gunfight. Many lives were lost, including her boss, and the gang she took part in, blamed it on her. 

So she left. She headed for the Valley and ran away from her problems. She ended up in Phoenix, Arizona. She finished her years in College and earned her Law degree in Glendale Community College, and soon took a job as a pre-Law student 2 years after she left Crenshaw. 

Chris was devastated, and soon was playing happily in a little league for football, because he had also graduated from UCLA. He had still lived in Crenshaw and put all his focus into the little league. He also coached pee-wee football and basketball. He was very successful but was missing a part of him...Jessica. 

5 years went by, and Jessica had decided to come back home. She wasn't expecting Chris to be waiting for her, seeming as if she left him without so much as a goodbye, so when she got back, she wasn’t expecting him to arrive at her doorstep. 

They soon got back together, and the gang had forgotten about her for years. 6 years had gone by in a flash. Chris was still in the little leagues and coaching, whenever he could. He had been looking into joining The Olympics but was waiting for the games to come around, seeing as they had just happened two years prior. Jessica was working at the local, and small law firm. She was an attorney, still, and was for many years to come. They had just gotten married, in the spring of 2001, and soon were expecting, and Jessica was due in the winter. That was the year, Janelle was born. And they were to be a happy family for the next 10 years. 

The time came around, and Janelle was only ten. This year, 2011, much had happened. 

Jessica had been discovered by Tyrone, which was Drew’s son. He figured out what had happened to his dad, and confronted Jessica about it. It came close to times, when Tyrone would show up at the Davis-Garcia’s front door, and had been threatening for her to leave town again, with her child, before things got ugly, and he was forced to kill her daughter, and husband. 

“What do you mean? How can you have let this get this far, Jessica?! You have a child for god’s sake!!” Chris yelled at his wife. She had finally told her husband about the young man, who had been threatening her and her family’s life. She had told him about the situation, and the ultimatum Tyrone had given her, and he wasn’t very happy. 

“What was I supposed to do, Chris? I can’t have you, or Janelle anywhere near this problem! I can’t have this be the end of our daughter’s life, now that it had just begun!” Jessica yelled as she passed the kitchen area, as her husband stood in the dining room, eyeing her with a glare, as his face softened at the mention of his daughter’s name.