Pilot 《2》

"So you're telling me, that coach Baker, hit you with the same offer he gave me, and you took it without hesitation. Damn, alright Elle, you feelin' yourself." Spencer says as they were walking through the hallways of Beverly High after the duo had a conversation with coach Baker.

"Aye look, I took this opportunity to make something out of myself, Football is my dream, I couldn't let an offer like this go to waste, because I mean, I was ranked number 1 for the national high school quarterback of the year, twice. Who wouldn't want me?" Janelle laughs out as Spencer joins the action.

" 'aight I see you, don't get too cocky now, you don't want to be played by the quarterback of this team."

"Your right, keep the comments to myself, but I'm just waiting to see the look on those Instagram-wannabes faces when they see the canon of an arm I have," Janelle says as they stopped by the office to get their schedules and locker combinations.

"Thanks," Janelle says to the woman at the front desk, as she hands them their informational papers. "So, why didn't you tell your moms that you got the offer to come to play at Beverly because she would've been stoked to know what was up," The teenaged girl says, while they both analyze the paper they were given.

"I don't know, I just didn't think I needed to, I mean I didn't want to leave South Crenshaw, but coach Baker showed up at my doorstep, and told my moms about the offer. So, she convinced me to take it, and now I'm here for my and my family's future. Crazy right?" Spencer says, as they stopped at the lockers, luckily she was only two lockers away from Spencer. 'That is so convenient' she thought.

" I'll say. Well, I am glad Ms. Grace convinced you to come, I mean we could finally play some real football together, just like how we dreamed of as kids, remember?" Janelle says as she put in her locker combination, and organizes her textbooks in the locker, grabbing all the books she needs for the next couple of classes, and stuffing them in her backpack. She pulls the backpack straps over her shoulder, as she holds onto it so it doesn't fall off. She leans against the locker after she shuts it as she waits for Spencer to do the same.

"Yea, man. This gon' be one heck of a day. Well, I'm gonna get to class, see ya later." Spencer says, the two kids do the handshake they made when they were younger.

"Yea, see ya, Spence," Janelle says, walking herself to Math.

《♡》

When Janelle walked into her first class of the day, she looked around and saw that the teacher had already begun the class, and was paying attention to what he was saying he didn't notice Janelle walking in. She waited for him to finish speaking so she could grab his attention so he could guide her on what they are doing. She looked around the class, waiting to get his attention, and saw multiple people, listening to him. While looking around, she accidentally made eye contact with one of them. He signaled that she has his attention by throwing her a smile. She smiled back but then heard the teacher stop talking. She faced the teacher's direction in hopes of having caught his attention so he could explain the lesson plan, and seat her down.

"Ah, you must be the new student, you can take a seat next to Asher. Asher raise your hand, please." The man calls out to the entire class. Janelle scopes out the entire class, and she sees the guy she had made eye contact raise his hand. The girl smiles at the helpful man and took a seat next to the blue-eyed boy.

"Hi." Janelle greets the boy as she took a seat beside him.

"Hey, um do I know you, you seem familiar?" Asher questions the girl causing her to turn and look his way. She smiles at him.

"Yea, I get that a lot," she chuckles at the memory of Spencer telling her the same thing, "I'm Janelle Davis-Garcia." Janelle puts her hand out, so Asher can shake it.