Chapter 5

Enjoy!

Chapter 4

“We’re gonna be late for the cake tasting! Hurry up!” You shouted from the base of the stairs, by the front door.

“Hang on a sec!” I called to you as I finished applying my lip gloss, and jogged – well as much as you can jog in heels – towards the staircase.

***

“Where are we going anyways?” Curious, I asked, fiddling with the radio station in your Porsche 918 Spyder.

“Wedding cake testing with Jill, remember? I think I told you last week?”

“Oh yeah! I forgot all about that. I brought my laptop so that I can write while you guys taste.”

“You say that as if you’re not the one who’s going to eat all of Cakeapalooza’s cake…” You teased me.

“Cakeapalooza’s? I love that place, on second thought, I’ve decided that I’ll eat all of your cake too!” I stuck out my tongue in your direction, before finally settling on a generic radio station.

“Fine…just don’t touch my cheesecake.”

***

“It’s nice seeing you again Adelaide.” Your girlf-fiancée said, giving me a clearly fake smile. Pulling me into a hug that made me feel like I was being hugged by…by…a black widow spider, ready to eat me.

“Likewise.” I decided on a concise answer, not being too friendly, but not showing my immense dislike of Jill either.

You wandered off to go find the owner of Cakeapalooza’s, leaving the both of us alone.

“Look. Stay away from Lynn. Or else. She’s mine.” Jill hissed at me, as soon as your back was turned.

“What does ‘Or else’ entail?” I asked curiously, amusedly even. Sure, I was angry with her audacity, she acted… she acted as if she could actually make me.

“Or else, I’ll tell her that you’re in love with her.” I gazed at her, even more amused. “Oh don’t look at me that way, I really will.”

“Riiiight.” I said dryly. “She probably knows by now anyways. So, what else do you have up the sleeves of your ugly shirt?” Really, her shirt was ugly, for one, much too revealing, it made her look like a hooker (okay, maybe I am a tad prejudiced), but the shirt was a pukey yellow that made her really, really pale skin seem washed out.

“Argh!” Jill let out an animalistic sound of frustration, before actually (I’m serious here) stomping her foot and storming off towards the washrooms.

Chuckling, I flagged down a passing waiter, and ordered my favorite dessert from Cakeapalooza’s, triple layered chocolate fudge, with dark, white and milk chocolate shavings on top, with chocolate cream icing, hot chocolate powder dustings, and served with a side of chocolate ice cream and a steamy glass of chocolate. Appropriately named, Euphoria.

Jill returned to the table and sat herself down across from me, with a strawberry milkshake in hand, glaring at me the entire time, as she drank it.

“So, what’d I miss?” You asked, as you slid into the booth across the table, next to Jill.

Jill didn’t say a word, she just glared at me angrily. Fuming, and throwing a silent – childish – temper tantrum.

Grinning innocently, I said. “Oh nothing.”

Thanks for reading everyone! Please Vote-Comment-Fan. Another chapter will be posted tomorrow.

-Lex