18- YOU CAN COUNT ON ME DOING SOMETHING DUMB

*MARÍA'S POV*

I stood on the battlement of Helm's Deep, alongside Gimli and Legolas. We watched the army of Uruk-hai approaching. I wasn't really focused on it though. I was mainly just trying to focus on breathing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You could've picked a better spot." Gimli said jumping up to try and see over the wall. Legolas just smirked as Aragorn walked up to stand behind us.

"Well lad, whatever luck you live by, let's hope it lasts the night." The dwarf said pessimistically.

Just then, lightning struck, illuminating the approaching army. I saw Legolas' eyes widen at the sight.
"Lumos Maxima." I said, and shot the bright light out into the centre of the sky, over the army. The elf nodded thanks to me and turned to Aragorn.

"Your friends are with you, Aragorn." He said looking at the ranger.

"Let's hope they last the night." Gimli said, again very pessimistically.

"Dude! Will you stop saying shit like that?" I said wide-eyed, gently shoving the dwarf. Aragorn placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"Just trust your instincts." He said and smiled again. I nodded and turned back to face the approaching army. Aragorn walked away and began instructing the elves.

"A Eruchin, U-dano I faeles a hyn... an uben tanatha le faeles! (Show them no mercy... for you shall receive none!)" He yelled to the army. The Uruk commander roared at hisarmy and they stopped marching and stood.

Gimli jumped up again, trying to see.

"What's happening out there?" He yelled.

"Shall I describe it to you?" Legolas started with a grin. "Or would you like me to find you a box?"

Gimli stared at the elf for a moment and began to laugh, Neither of them noticed me mouthing the lines.

suddenly the Uruk army started roaring. A man shot an arrow, piercing it into an Uruk.

"Dartho! (hold!)" Aragorn yelled, and for a moment all was silent. The Uruk commander thrust his sword forward and the army began running towards the battlements.

"Tangado halad! (Prepare to fire!)" Aragorn yelled, and all the archers raised arrows to their bows. As I raised my wand, my sword in the other hand, I realised how real it actually was.

"Breathe." I whispered under my breath. "Just breathe."

"faeg I-varv din na lanc... a nu ranc (their armour is weak atthe neck.. and underneath the arms)" Legolas said.

"Leithio I philinn! (Release arrows!)" Aragorn yelled. The arched shot their arrows, and I launched a hex.
"Ducklifors!" I shouted, chuckling when I realised what spell I had used. The Uruk turned a bright shade of white, and a beak started to grow from its face. Soon, it had transformed into a duck. Legolas howled with laughter beside me.

The Uruks' continued sprinting towards us. we shot volley after volley of arrows at the oncoming army. As soon as they reached the bottom of the battlement, they produced ladders and mounted them on the wall.

"Pendraid! (ladder!)" Aragorn shouted, and Gimli jumped up with excitement.

"Good!" the dwarf shouted. The Uruks' climbed up the ladders inhumanly fast. I breathed out deeply.

"Swords! Swords!" Aragorn shouted not bothering to say it in elvish. The Elves drew their swords. I pulled out my sword, and made sure that my knives and daggers were easily accessible. The first Uruk-hai began to pour over the side of the battlement. Gimli grunted and was the first to make contact. All around me I could see elves and men fighting. They were cutting and slashing everywhere around me.