13- AND NOW I KNOW THE FUTURE!

*MARÍA'S POV*

"A red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night." Legolas said and continued walking forward. We were walking along the top of a crest in the hills, and Aragorn motioned for us to hurry. We heard the horses of the Rohirrim riding up the hill to where we were standing. we hid in a rock formation near the side of the crest until I spoke.

"Ya know Aragorn, you should really check with me before doing stupid shit like hiding in rocks. We are in absolutely no danger whatsoever and yet here we are, hiding." I said shaking my head and looking out past the rock in front of me.

"Well who is that riding towards us then Ría-Rós?" Aragorn asked rather rudely.

"Ok ranger, cool the sass, and you know I don't like it when you call me that." I started and stuck up my middle finger at him. "And for your information, those horses riding up towards us, they're the Rohirrim. also, you supposed to jump out and talk to them in about 10 seconds. so go!"I pushed him out from behind the rock formation and he stared at me with wide eyes.

"Riders of Rohan, what news from the mark?" he said smoothly and I was kind of impressed that he did that on the spot without thinking about it. As he was speaking, he put his right hand down at his side and hid it from the riders, because he was putting the finger up at me. I had taught him well.

One horseman that had to have been Éomer, raised his spear and the rest of the horses began to turn around. the Rohirrim circled around the four of us, and pointed their spears in our faces. rude.

"What business does an Elf, a Man, a Dwarf and a Woman have in the Riddermark? Speak quickly!" Éomer said looking between us. his eyes lingered on me a little longer, for which I could only assume was because I am a female.

"Give me your name, horse-master, and I shall give you mine." Gimli spoke defiantly. Gimli nodded arrogantly at Éomer as he approached, and Aragorn put a hand on him shoulder and I did the same.

"I would cut off your head, dwarf, if it stood but a little higher from the ground," Éomer said and before I could tell Legolas not to, he had pulled out an arrow and knocked it, pointing it at Éomer.

"You would die before your stroke fell!" He shouted and every spear focused on him. I pushed Legolas' bow down motioning for him to stand down. Aragorn began to speak.

"I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn. This is Gimli son of Gloin, Legolas of the Woodland realm, and María-Rós of..." He trailed off realising he didn't really know anything about me. that's when I took over.

"First of all, I'm just called María," I said sending Aragorn a quick glare. I saw him smile and I turned back around to face Éomer and continue talking. "I am from... Bree!" I squeaked out the last part because it was the first place in this world that i thought of. I couldn't exactly tell him that I was a witch from another world, so I just said Bree. I could pass as a Hobbit anyway, I was short enough.

Éomer nodded but showed no signs that he had ever even heard of the small village-like town.

I nodded to Aragorn to indicate that he should also go along with my story, and he motioned for the other two to stop making surprised faces.

"We are friends of Rohan and of your king, Théoden."

"Théoden no longer recognises friend from foe. Not even his own kin" Éomer said pulling off his helmet.

"Saruman has poisoned the mind of the king and claimed lordship over these lands. My company are those loyal to Rohan. And for that, we are banished. The white wizard is cunning. He walks here and there, they say, as an old man, hooded and cloaked. And everywhere his spies slip past our nets."