26)I CAN MAKE YOU A PUMPKIN, IF YOU LIKE

*3RD PERSON*

"Merry!" Pippin shouted. Pippin turned around and spotted Merry half concealed beneath an Orc.

"Lily! He's here!"

He rolled the orc off the top of him, as Lily sprinted towards them.

"Merry!" Pippin picked Merry up in his arms. "Merry it's me."

Merry opened his eyes and looked at him. Blood poured from a slice in the corner of his lip.

"I knew you'd find me," Merry said, closing his eyes again.

"Yes," said Pippin, tears running down his cheeks. Lily crouched beside them, her small hand on Pippin's shoulder.

"Where's Maria?"

"She's safe. Aragorn is healing her." Lily told him in a soft, soothing voice.

Merry smiled.

"Are you going to leave me?"

"No Merry, we're going to look after you."

<<>><<>><<>>

*MARIA'S POV*

I slowly realised that I was conscious. It took me a lot longer than I would like to admit, but I figured it out. I could feel the soft breeze against my face, but not the rest of my body. I slowly opened my eyes. At first, the light was blinding. I had to close them again. After a few more failed attempts, I managed to keep them open. I saw my whole body covered in a thick blanket. I turned my head to the side, trying to sit up - and failing.

"Ria!" a voice said from beside me. I jumped at the sudden noise, and instantly regretted it. My entire body ached, like someone had whacked me with a sack of bricks.

"Hey, don't do that... lay down." A small hand pushed me back down.

"Merry," My voice came out in a croak. My throat burned.

"Hey," he whispered.

"what's going on?"

"You kind of passed out after you killed the Witch King."

"then why does my whole self feel like its dying?" I questioned.

"Gwaihir's dead." He said, rubbing circles into the back of my hand. "When Aragorn found you, she was dead, on top of you."

I frowned.

"Poor Gwaihir."

"You nearly died, and got crushed under a dead horse and you're saying poor Gwaihir?"

"She was a good horse!" I defended. He smiled. I love your smile. I smiled back.

"So how bad is it?" I asked him.

"Aragorn helped with all of the Witch King stuff, so that was good, but you still have a broken wrist and a couple cracked ribs."

"Ahh. I've broken ribs before. Not fun. Glad I have to do it again!"

I sat up.

"Ria! Lie down!"

I swung my legs over the side of the bed.

"Ria!"

I stood up, not as sure-footed as I would've liked, but that was understandable.

"Ria!"

I waved a dismissive hand at him. "I'm fine!"

"You are far from fine!" He crossed his arms in front of his chest, a pout on his face. I suddenly had the overwhelming urge to kiss him. But I still wasn't sure where we were at. So, I hugged him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and nudged my head into the crook of his neck. His arms snaked around my waist. He lifted one of his hands up and stroked my hair. Then I realised how much pain my arm was in. I'd tucked it under the other while I was hugging Merry, putting it in an angle that I shouldn't've been in while being broken.