Something's obviously up. [3]

Sadly, Y/N was forced to leave her bed this morning

Sadly, Y/N was forced to leave her bed this morning. Now, she was being dragged by her hyperactive punk friend into class, who was rambling on about the new guitar she got.

Y/N tried really hard to pay attention to make Ibuki happy, but it was hard to considering how tired she was. She was up late texting with Nagito, and didn't seem to notice how fast time went.

Apparently, he didn't either. When she walked into class, she saw his head resting in his arms on his desk. She frowned at this, making her way to her own desk.

It had been about a week since they hung out with each other at the park, but they hadn't spoken to each other in person since. Whenever Y/N would try to approach him, he'd walk in the other direction as if he hadn't seen her.

He constantly texted her, though.

"Y/N! Please talk to Ibuki." Fingers snapped in her vision. She leaned her head back, only to see the girl gazing down directly into her eyes from where she sat in the desk behind her.

Her face heated up, a blush spreading throughout her cheeks as she sat back up, covering her face. "I-Ibuki!" She whined.

"Aww, you're so cute!" She laughed loudly, ruffling the other girl's hair with a wide grin. "Sorry, Ibuki was just sad that your not giving her any attention." She explained, her own face turning a soft pink.

"Don't be sad, Ibuki... I'll pay attention now, I'm sorry." She gave her a soft smile.

"Alright!" She started to talk more and more about her guitar, Y/N paying closest attention as possible.

Suddenly, the door burst open, revealing Kazuichi. He stood there panting, tears forming in his eyes as his lips quivered.

"Hey, the hell's wrong with you?" Fuyuhiko barked at him.

"M-M-M-Miss S-Sonia... She-!" He was quick to bawl, the tears flowing like rivers from his eyes.

Sonia and Ghundam walked in a couple seconds later, each giving him an annoyed glance before returning to their conversation.

"Haha! Kazuichi, I bet I'm gonna get a girlfriend before you! Right, Y/N?!" Ibuki laughed, nudging Y/N with her elbow.

"I-Ibuki...!"

"Kazuichi, don't submit to despair! Have hope! You're an Ultimate, aren't you?"

The classroom went quiet, everyones voices going down as a certain one spoke above the rest.

He seemed to take notice of this, and he turned to look at everyone, his smile still on his face.

"What? You guys don't get it?" He spread his arms out, his eyes becoming slightly darker and his grin getting wider. "In order to destroy despair, you have to have hope. Strong hope, the kind that destroys even weak hope."