Do you like coffee? [4]

Y/N slid into a booth, setting her laptop down in front of her

Y/N slid into a booth, setting her laptop down in front of her. She brought out notebooks, pens, and binders from her bag, placing them next to her device with a thud.

She used to be good at school. She used to be able to pay attention and understand the work. But for some reason, that wasn't happening anymore. It was as if the second she entered highschool she just gave up. However, she was ready to make a change.

The bustling coffee shop put her at ease, but at the same time it would probably make it hard for her to focus. Yet she didn't want to study in her own home, knowing she'd get bored very quickly and that'd distract her as well. She was a confusing person, but she wasn't afraid to admit that.

A boy around her age came over, giving her a sweet smile and taking her order. She wasn't in the mood for any coffee, so she just ordered a small brownie, which she probably wasn't going to eat either.

She cracked her bones and opened her laptop, determined to get good grades on all of her work. Her fingers glided across the keyboard, smiling as she was already getting through her first assignment fairly quickly.

But then she got lazy.

30 minutes passed.

Then an hour.

Then another hour.

The girl slammed her laptop shut, gnawing at her nails in frustration. Great! Absolutely terrific, she was gonna fail another semester.

Of course, she didn't want to do her assignments. She never wanted to. What made her think she was gonna get serious and do them?

She put her head down on the table, slightly disappointed in herself. She brought her head back up, gathering all her papers and utensils and shoving them into her bag, deciding to be more realistic with herself and go home to take a nap.

"Where are you going?"

She jumped at the unexpected voice behind her, but she immediately identified whose it was. No ones voice was that raspy.

"You scared the shit out of me, Nagito!" She frowned, slumping her shoulders. "Did you just appear out of nowhere?!"

He laughed, taking it upon himself to move into the seat in front of her. "No, but I've been told I take really quiet steps." He explained, tapping his fingers on the table.

"Well, they were right." She shoved her laptop into her bag, struggling to get it in with all of her other items. "And to answer your question, I was heading home."